Wine kits on sale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the Wine Lovers kits produced by ABC Cork? Fontana kits are the same as the ABC Cork. I've been buying the Fontana off Amazon and now some directly from ABC Cork.

With any of these cheap kits (Wine Lovers, Fontana or ABC Cork) they deficiently need tweaking and amending. With the tweaks they can be nice table wines.

Adding body can be a challenge. I bought this Liqui-Gum | MoreWine liquigum to add mouthfeel to thin wines. It does help.

Best way r
Are the Wine Lovers kits produced by ABC Cork? Fontana kits are the same as the ABC Cork. I've been buying the Fontana off Amazon and now some directly from ABC Cork.

With any of these cheap kits (Wine Lovers, Fontana or ABC Cork) they deficiently need tweaking and amending. With the tweaks they can be nice table wines.

Adding body can be a challenge. I bought this Liqui-Gum | MoreWine liquigum to add mouthfeel to thin wines. It does help.
Best way I know of to add body is add grape skins during fermentation.

I add shredded oak or oak chips during fermentation, and glycerin at bottling. Since I make liqueurs, I buy glycerin by the gallon, which is less than 1/4 the price of the little bottle from the LHBS.

Best way I know of to add body is add grape skins during fermentation.
Also add fermentation enzymes if using skin packs. I added ScottZyme ColorPro to my FWK's in November, and the color is amazing and the body is surprisingly good for a young wine.

Label Peelers has Finer Wine Kits, all of which are affordable compared to other kits. I have only done the Forte series but they taste fabulous and I think I'll only make their kits from now on. They have two fruit wine kits, and a bunch of reds, and they're working on the whites. I like that the Forte series comes with all your chems, a yeast starter, double skins, and a seed pack for $127-135 + shipping.
https://labelpeelers.com/finer-wine-kits/Here are videos about them: Forte Bordeaux Style Finer Wine Kit

Label Peelers has FW Tavola kits on sale for 35% off.

got that message and immediately pulled the trigger on another Petite Sirah kit. The first one was used to blend with my cab franc and I have fewer bottles on the rack… it’s only a year or so old and tastes fantastic.

I saw the abv is different between the tavola and the higher end. Is that a concentration factor?
All one would have to do is add some simple syrup and kick up the ISG to match the potential ABV.

I was wondering what the difference would be if one bought the Tavola series (say Zinfandel) and added two grape skin packs to the order. The Forte Zinfandel (which comes with two grape skin packs) is $127.49, and the Tavola Zinfandel on sale would be $106.28. A little bit of simple syrup to increase the ISG would be negligible in cost, so it appears to save one about $20.

I was wondering what the difference would be if one bought the Tavola series (say Zinfandel) and added two grape skin packs to the order. The Forte Zinfandel (which comes with two grape skin packs) is $127.49, and the Tavola Zinfandel on sale would be $106.28. A little bit of simple syrup to increase the ISG would be negligible in cost, so it appears to save one about $20.
I suspect there's more to it than simple sugar -- the Forte must has more body, not just higher Brix.

Anyone measure the SG bump ya get from a bag (or 2) of grape skins? I did Not...with my recent Forte Bordeaux. :-/

I suspect there's more to it than simple sugar -- the Forte must has more body, not just higher Brix.
You may be right Paul, but I remember everyone was very pleased with the Tavola series before the Forte series was available. Anyway, I am going to make a wine we made at home (75% Zinfandel and 25% Muscat) using the Tavola series. I have a Forte Zinfandel going now so I will be able to compare before blending the two wines.

Anyone measure the SG bump ya get from a bag (or 2) of grape skins? I did Not...with my recent Forte Bordeaux. :-/

I have done three or four of the Tavola kits (all with double skins) and a couple of the Forte kits so far. I haven't noticed any increase in SG in any of them.

Back