Where are you from

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Doogie loves it. He really does well, too.
smiley36.gif
(At least he thinks he does!)

Cool. Looks like a good way for them to get exercise and stay fit. I used to just let mine out of the backyard to chase cats, squirrels, and other small mammals. They have arthritis too bad now.

Well, so does Doogie (have arthritis, tick the 12 cats my sister has), but he still loves it.

Well, when he gets old like our dogs, he will have more and more trouble getting up and down and pushing off to jump with his back legs. maybe God will bless him and keep it out of his hips.

We have a couple of cats that hang around out side and they are twice as big if they weren't so lazy I would have to keep an eye on them when they went out side cause the dogs ant much bigger than a big rat.

Guess I can add to the post here. My Name is Steve Murphy and I live outside Baton Rouge Louisiana toward New Orleans. I work for East Baton Rouge City/Parish (County) EMS as a Paramedic. I have lived here around 7 years. I am originally from Central Illinois.

I am new to wine making and have my first kit going strong thanks to George. I am fascinated by this hobby and can't wait to create more. I do plan on branching into Beer soon also as Beer is my true "drinking" passion. My wife leans toward wine. The biggest problem we have is she is partial to Whites and I to Reds so guess what, we are gonna do a variety. If I can figure out how to make Tequila, I will be in hog heaven!
smiley20.gif

I am really impressed by this forum. I have lurked at a few and only been impressed by this one and one other. There are some really friendly and knowledgeable folks here and I like that.
smiley32.gif

Smurfe
smiley4.gif

Here are a couple of the members of our zoo. We also have fish and a cat.

Smurfe
smiley4.gif

Picture002.jpg

Picture048.jpg

My name is Robb Sloan. I have lived in the Auburn area of
California (just east of Sacramento) for the past 16 years. (Area
is known for the awsome Zins.) It was my wifes fault, she
wouldn't move to Chico when we met (90 minutes north), so I moved
here. I have worked in just about every aspect on the
nursery/landscape industry since moving to this area. Wine is
something is got interested in while working in restraunts during
college. Didn't know you could make great wine at home until a
couple of years ago, and started this year because I got tired of
wanting and not doing.

Kaizen means (more or less) 'constant never ending improvement'. Today
is better than yesterday, and I will be better tommorow than I am
today. This year is been good so far. New hobby (needs less
attention than bonsai), new bike (1100 custom yahama), new job (have
weekends off now) and buying a house right now.

Now, if I could just get the kids to keep the house clean. Life would be close to perfect.

I guess I missed this one.....my hometown...typical Mayberry RFD. In the northern panhandle of West Virgina called Beech Bottom...I guess because of the beech trees along the Ohio River which was a short walk from the bottom of town....It consisted of 1 thru 4th Streets, Hill Street, High St. and Park Row(the rich part of town). I spent my days outside from sun up until the street lights came on if they weren't busted out because we were always throwing rocks at them. I worked in the garden with my 3 sisters just about everyday in the summer..then dad would take us to the store for a soda pop. He had 4 girls and 4 hoes. Also had about 90 head of black angus on property that we rented so spent lots of time hauling hay and building barbed wire fences. I would either be in the woods or at the river and never come home. I would leave in the moring with a salt shaker in my back pocket and if i got hungry sat in the tomato patch and ate warm tomatoes or climbed someones apple tree and ate my fill there or grapes or peaches or whatever I could find.Fall wasgreat.We would look forward to fire truckrides through town with the sirens on.All the kids would pile on top and throwcandy to everyone standing on the street watching. And when winter came, we were outside just as much...wewould come in long enough to change the socks on our hands...(yes, we had no gloves) I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.

Hey Gang, Well, I was born and raised in Arkansas ina little community called Fairview, which is locatedabout 9 miles south of Malvern. I went through the 4th grade in the same room with the same teacher. Same with the 5th -7th. We moved into town when I began the 8th. It was here I first experinced an indoor bathroom, a tub bath and television. I still have fond memories of life on the farm, simpler times and slower times. One of my fondest memories was our fall festival every year. Families from the community would gather at our house on a friday evening and we had hoedown music, potlock food and just good fellowship and funall weekend long. Us kids loved it because there were tubs full of soda pop and we could drink all we wanted. I must not get started rambling here !!!!!

Ohhh..It looks as if one our cats has been in the wine again !!
2005-08-09_170131_cat.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Latest posts

Back