Where are you from

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumper sticker seen on back of pick up in North Dakota. I'm not a hippie, I'm a well-groomed mountain man.
smiley36.gif

ok, I grew up in Tucson, AZ. I lived on the north east side of town, in the county. I can remember that my street ended 4 houses down the road and had cement pillars in the middle of the road. The rest was all desert. I rode my bike everywhere. The nearest grocery store was 5 miles away. Now, everything is almost blacktop. Not to mention within 1/2 mile. When I was 19, joined the Marine Corps and went to war (1st Desert Storm). Came back and had kids and left the Corps. First wife died when the twins (boy/girl)were 5 (2000). Met a woman who had two girls and married (2002). We moved from Tucson 3 yrs ago to Show Low, AZ. Its a 4 hour drive north from Tucson, elevation 7000. Awesome place to raise kids. She was from Pittsfield, MA. originally. Show Low was named after a card game between 2 guys who owned major land, winner got all. The main street is 35mph and is called the Deuce of Clubs. Town is mostly Mormon, so I am a heathen, I guess. Love living here in the pines, and coaching baseball and softball for my kids, and just living the life where as a family, we like to depend on eachother.

Hey sounds like a really cool place Hi.Dont worry about being a "heathen" though. We must all repent and be Baptist for all have sinned and come short of the Assemblies of God.

Oopssss

Hope I offended no one

Here is a picture (Taken last winter) of one of our beloved pets. Her name is "Cheyene". When we first got her ( about 6 years ago now) she was absolutely teriffied of men. I attributed this to the fact that she had been caught in a trap, which had injured her leg and she always associated her pain from that experience with men as it was a man who rescued her. For the first year she was with us, she would den under the church pew type benches we use for our antique dining room table and only go out at night. She is now just a big baby, albeit still leery ofany strangers who come calling.

2005-09-06_162407_cheyene2.jpg

2005-09-06_162712_cheyene_howling.jpg

I love to hear her talk to us, "howling"

And then there is Destiny and "Addie". "Addie", our Ocicat, which was my gift to my wife for our Anniversary last year. He got his name immediately when we picked him from the litter as he cowed back, hissing at us when my wife reached to pick him up. She just laughed and commented " You have quite an "attitude" don't you. Hence the name, "Addie"

2005-09-06_164922_addie_and_destiny.jpg

Then there is "Sparkie" who taught herself to use the toilet.

2005-09-06_165117_sparky.jpg

And last but not least of our menagrie of furry felines is "Bear", who is a Manx. He is primarily an outside cat except in the hot summer monthswhen he prefers the air conditioned comfort. He will come inside some in the other seasons but will not stay for long before demanding to be let out again.

2005-09-06_165404_bearcat.jpg

So there. Now you know, Waldo is running a "Kat House"
smiley36.gif

We also work with special needs people and currently have two living with us full time. Lisa has been with us since 1985

2005-09-06_170049_lisa.jpg

Cindy, pictured here with my wife, has been with us almost 9 months now.

2005-09-06_170154_cindy.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Hi Waldo.

Love your pets!!! Cheyene looks like a wolf. Kitties are precious too....glad you have plenty of toilet paper
smiley36.gif

You and your wife seem like very special people!!

Ramona

She is mostly wolf Ramona. Not full blood though. We both have a love of both animals and people. Over the years we have had all types of animals that we have cared for. Deer, racoon, owls, squirrels, snakes, on and on and the same with people. Nothing is more rewarding than to have them come back later just to visit and to express their apprecation of the opportunity that was given them to get their lives straightend out. We have several that visit us regularly. Occasionaly some of the people come back for a visit too
smiley36.gif

You are such wonderful people, Waldo. How wonderful of you to rescue not only animals, but people as well.

There should be more people out there like you two.

My hats off to ya, Waldo. (BTW, very pretty wife!)

Thanks Martina...I have found that our love over the years is just like the county fair..gets better every year!! Here is another side of Waldo !!

2005-09-07_143331_santa.jpg

And my Darling with her Anniversary Roses. One for each year of our marriage.

2005-09-07_174324_kat_with_roses.jpg

Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's you!!!!

Do you remember me? Thank you for the Barbie Camper I got back in 1976!!!!!!!!

smiley36.gif
Ho Ho Ho Martina..I am so pleased you remembered the Barbie Camper. So many wanted it but I had it reserved just for for you !!

Gee, after all these incredible stories, my life seems rather drab.

My name is Vaughn Hardman. I have lived in the Fort Worth area of Texas all my life. I have lived at my home here in Euless, TX for a little over 3 years. My wife, Reenie, and I love it here. Close enough to everything a big city has to offer, but still a little bit ofcountry.

2005-09-09_063701_ourhouse05.jpg

My two children (Ashton,9 and Geoff,14) were born in the same hospital I was. I have a step son Andrew(16) who just got his drivers license last month and a step-daughter, Courtney(21) who is a proud Aggie.

I work for Tellabs (makers of fine telecommunications equipment). My job is to write courses that teach our customers (Bell South, Verizon, Sprint) how to install and maintain our products. I know it doesn't sound exiting (frankly, it's not) but they take very good care of me and my job is virtually stress free.

I started making wine because I wanted to go into business. Several micro-wineries are doing very good business in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. All I need to do is save up $100,000 (or find a few good partners)and I'll be on my way! In the meantime, I am having a great time and learning lots. Edited by: HollowOakWine

Latest posts

Back