when good wines gone bad

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many have used or tried using ZESTING

• Total voters
I rinsed the bag with cool water and added approx 1.5 gallons of spring water to get me to the 6 gallon mark.

No instructions for the rasins were included. I assume these go in the primary as said previously. Does everything go in a bag or no? The instructions say that I will get better color extraction by leaving them loose in the primary. Should I add simple syrup before added everything else to incorporate easier?

Last edited:
Amarone the king of italian reds

IT TRADITIONALLY HAS A HIGH PH AND WITH A KIT IT HAS THE ABILITY TO DISSIPATE OVER TIME BALANCED OUT WITH THE TANNINS AND THE RAISINS AND GRAPES THIS WILL MAKE A GREAT SAUCE!!!!!!!!!:wy.........:HB........ANGELINA CONTINUE......................:tryIF THE KIT HAS NO DIRECTIONS AS TO WHEN TO ENTER THE RAISINS THEN FOR YOUR FIRST TIME BENEFIT WILL ENTER THEM IN THE PRIMARY ENTERING THEM IN THE SECONDARY WOULD TAKE A LITTLE MORE TIME AND UNDERSTANDING WHEN OF THE PROCESS,PRIMARY WILL WORK JUST FINE.THIS TIME.:dgREMEMBER ONCE WE HAVE THE BASE ESTABLISHED THEN WE CAN SET THE ABV. CAPITALIZATION PROCESS........

dextrose pics (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Joe! I think I am just second guessing my self when I shouldn't be. Cheers!

So I got everything in my primary. The juice, some spring water, to my bag I added two packages of oak chips, skins, and the raisins that came with it. My sg was 1.090 which I raised to 1.096. This should give me about 14% ABV. Temp is 69°. I will pitch the yeast tomorrow.

20150520_194950.jpg

Ph

A measure of the acidity. The lower the pH#, the higher the acidity. NOTICE THE ABV. ON THIS AMARONE EXCELLENT BALANCE AND ALL AROUND .

IMG_20150521_133136529.jpg

IMG_20150521_133236359.jpg

I gave my oak chips, raisins and skins a day to soak in that beautiful purple juice. To see if my pH and/or sg levels changed I checked them this afternoon . My PH is now 3.47. Joe I bet that 2005 Amarone is going to be good! Cheers!

20150521_145950.jpg

Last edited:
Update: my Sg is 1.102, ph 3.47, temp 72° and the yeast has been pitched.

SO FAR SO GOOD STAY THE COURSE DO YOU HAVE FERMENTATION YET?IF NOT DON'T RUSH IT .STAY THE COURSE :hug

nothing like the smell of fermentation in the morning...............:try.KEEP GOING MS. A...........

IMG_20140330_112040192.jpg

UPDATE: I've been punching down my must twice a day fermentation has been going very strong. I just checked my sg and it is at 1.030 that was quick! It also smells quite amazing, I can definitely see how it might relate to a Amarone.

20150525_091647.jpg

20150525_091348.jpg

20150525_091422.jpg

I took a reading yesterday and it was 1.002, I took a reading today and it is 0.998. It has slowed way down! I'm sure it won't be long before a racking is in order. @Joewine , do you have any thoughts on this Amarone? Btw @vaccumpumpman and Joe, thank you for helping me properly read a triple scale hydrometer. Just when you think you know how to read one, and how to make a calculation, someone comes along and teaches you a new and improved way of looking at your tools, looking outside the box in this case.

20150527_120130.jpg

20150528_170120.jpg

Last edited:

degassing and patients that's the next step. Below is what I think you should expect from what you did so far, go slow and stay the course. DON'T WORRY ABOUT HEADSPACE AT THIS POINT..............YOU'LL BE FINE..:wy

Amarone gas bubbles.jpg

Stirring Amarone 9 12 13.jpg

Update: Finally the day has come! I racked the Amarone and it degassed some while pumping over slowly.

Last edited:
picture taken yesterday degassing while racking.

20150602_113616.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back