What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RJS WS Super Tuscan.
Made around 18 months (don't have my notes now).
Unlike others, this wine does not impress me at all at this age....

Got disoriented for a moment and found myself in the middle of the wine sanctuary, go figure. So since I was there I couldn't resist grabbing a bottle of my Merlot blend from last spring. We were having Chicken Parmesan so this paired really well with that meal. Really fun picking out the new flavors and aromas as this one ages. Also getting a bit of vanilla from the oak starting to show through.

Much like @jgmann67, I've got to leave this one alone for awhile. One plus in my corner is that I have 50 bottles of this one, so I have a few more to spare (there I go, comparing my situation to others, I'll never learn).

RJS WS Super Tuscan.
Made around 18 months (don't have my notes now).
Unlike others, this wine does not impress me at all at this age....

wow, I'm surprised to hear. Mine's at about 15 mos and has so much umphh(if that's an actual wine description lol) friends all request it .But,I'm saving for better age ;) *note I also added 2 tsp tan'cor grand cru tannin to secondary.

Let yours age a bit more maybe. I hear 2 years is the mark for this one

was in my glass last week..

While out to dinner at a rather high end "on the beach" bistro, I happened upon this little gem. Very nice! 2 years old and nice and mellow with hints of cinnamon and clove. Simply excellent. I have had the pleasure of sampling several Du Papes, and found this one was well worth the money.

I enjoyed this. It was priced at $56.00 (not bad for a restaurant price) and cost far less than the Opus One that the waiter tried to sell me on. He pressed hard on it and made me feel like I had "WINE NUT" tattooed on my forehead.. :)

IMG_20160220_185350_037.jpg

Last edited:
wow, I'm surprised to hear. Mine's at about 15 mos and has so much umphh(if that's an actual wine description lol) friends all request it .But,I'm saving for better age ;) *note I also added 2 tsp tan'cor grand cru tannin to secondary.

Let yours age a bit more maybe. I hear 2 years is the mark for this one

Looking at my notes and it appears I started this kit on Dec. 2013, so it's over 2 years now and tastes harsh, empty, no nose and just not good IMO :ft

I am finishing off one of my Riesling taster bottles from this past weekend, while my wife is drinking a Juniata Winery Mango taster bottle. We aint proud here, we just likes our wines.....

Last night my hubby "tried" my new shiraz. after making it through 2 bottles he was feeling no pain. He was slow moving this AM... I keep telling him, that you can't drink wine like a beer. His first couple tastes, he said it was an 8 out of 10, but by the second bottle it was a 10. lol

Last night my hubby "tried" my new shiraz. after making it through 2 bottles he was feeling no pain. He was slow moving this AM... I keep telling him, that you can't drink wine like a beer. His first couple tastes, he said it was an 8 out of 10, but by the second bottle it was a 10. lol

Lol. Can't wait to see what the Skeeter Pee scores.

2013 Villa Antinori Tuscana (Sangiovese) Needed about 20 mins to open and soften but went well with a Costco TakeNbake Pizza. Pretty good for $15.

villa_antinori_ny__89569_orig.jpg

A nice 2016 Arizona iced tea - Arnold Palmer (which is half lemonade and half iced tea). Not too sweet or acidic with nice lemon and tea flavors that balance very nicely....

I hate lent - :(

Latest posts

Back