What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight we finished off the last bottle of our 2011 Brianna. This wine was made from grapes that DJROCKINSTEVE and his wife picked from a member Robs vinyard. It was an excellent wine this evening. No Brianna I've made since this batch was quite as good. Sorry to see the last bottle go but so glad I got to enjoy it with my wife.

I just opened a bottle of Rhubarb/Strawberry wine, the batch is now about 3 1/2 months old and already good tasting............ cheers. :)

2011 EFESTE "Upright" Merlot. Anyone who watched "Sideways" should get the joke associated with this wines name! :)

IMG_0964.jpg

I had a Chardonnay I made from Home Winery concentrate last January and it was darn good. Gonna do it again maybe.

In fall of 2013, my wife and I made a Chambourcin wine from grapes we got in Illinois. We haven't been happy with this wine at all. Just kind of blah and overly tart. We opened a bottle tonight and expected to dislike it again. I suppose time in the bottle has been the big factor here. Still a little tart, but not bad. We are quite surprised.

Had a glass of Trinity Red, very young but decent. Sampling a Charddonay I just racked for the second time and it was nice but kinda loud....all I hear is buzzzzzz!

Tonight I opened the last bottle of my 2010 California Merlot. Aromas of cherry and berries, oak aroma and flavor mostly faded, though I don't think I oak enough, flavors of cherries and possibly currants, no real oak taste. Medium mouth feel though good legs on the glass. Sad to say it was the last bottle of a 5 1/2 year old wine.

I opened a bottle of Sangiovese that a friend made from fresh grapes. It was from the 2014 vintage in Washington state. The wine was nice enough for such a young wine; it was, however, quite gassy and green. I decided to leave the bottle for a day (to develop and degas) and switched to a cheap commercial Zin (Cline). All is well!

I opened a bottle of Sangiovese that a friend made from fresh grapes. It was from the 2014 vintage in Washington state. The wine was nice enough for such a young wine; it was, however, quite gassy and green. I decided to leave the bottle for a day (to develop and degas) and switched to a cheap commercial Zin (Cline). All is well!

Maybe cheap and commercial, but the Cline wines always seem to drink better than their cost. Nothing fancy but a good everyday wine, especially the Zin(s).

Ok Kim, life may be too short to drink bad wine, but ..... Wife was making Burgandy Meatballs for dinner tonight. I hate using our wine to cook with, so last time I went to Trader Joes I bought a few bottles of Two Buck Chuck to cook with. Perfect for the recipe, even though it was a Cab, we drank he rest of the bottle. Not bad for $2.97 a bottle. Roy

Sutter_Home_Winery_Sutter_Home_Fre_Chardonnay.jpg

During the last three Lents, I've tried their red blend, the white zin, and now the Chard. The winner is probably the white zin or the chard. While they all taste like grape juice, I think the white zin could be the winner by a long shot if a little tartaric acid was added. I may experiment.

Nice thing was, I was able to drink a bottle of wine last night and still drive myself and the family home. :D

Latest posts

Back