What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WImageUploadedByWine Making1451172322.165195.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1451172347.118169.jpg
My buddy brought over a nice amarone and I reciprocated the gesture with a nice Japanese whiskey.

It's carbing up pretty well and tasting pretty good too! ibglowin looks good! But where's the left overs? Lol

image.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByWine Making1451437795.721380.jpg
My 12-2014 old vine Zin port. It was a "top up" bottle, so not from the barrel, but the flavors have really come around in the last year. It taste more of a tawny port than a vintage, but pretty awesome for a first try. Next go round I'll add the brandy to the ferment before I press.

On vacation around FL.

Went to a Walmart in Cape Coral and found CHEAP wine for $2.98 a bottle.....temptation called so grabbed a couple to try tonight.

This is dirt cheap!!!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1451502370.523978.jpg
ImageUploadedByWine Making1451502492.516673.jpg

I just opened a bottle of Bogle Essential Red Old Vine Blend. It is a blend of Old Vine Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah. It is pretty freakin' good, although, frankly, Gallo Hearty Burgundy from a jug would taste pretty good to me after the past few days!

I just opened a bottle of Bogle Essential Red Old Vine Blend.

I had a Bogle Pinot Noir the other day, and for the price it was very serviceable in my opinion. I must have liked it because I found the bottle in my bottle soaking bucket (oxyclean) and I didn't remember putting it in there.

That looks just like my Mom's kitchen on Sunday when we had my families reunion. Quite a few bottles opened at any one time and no worries about the white ones warming up to much since they disappeared so fast. My older brother and I pretty much emptied a 1.5L Pinot Grigio in a short amount of time.

He liked it so much that he's thinking of getting back into wine making, that would be very cool indeed!

I just opened a bottle of Bogle Essential Red Old Vine Blend. It is a blend of Old Vine Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah. It is pretty freakin' good, although, frankly, Gallo Hearty Burgundy from a jug would taste pretty good to me after the past few days!

I absolutely love Essential Red! One of my favorite commercial reds. In fact, I opened one last evening and will finish it tonight. (And maybe something else also. It's been a couple of THOSE days). Can't wait to get home!

2012 Beringer Knights Valley Cabernet. No where near as good as my last bottle of that wine (2009) Kinda harsh, oak seemed low quality. No bueno......

DSC_0499-1000x1000.JPG

Latest posts

Back