What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sipping on some limoncello I made about 18 months ago. Man, has it smoothed out and gotten really nice.

Wine from my Valiants from 2013. Pretty smooth. But it needs something. Can't place it though.

Drinking my Blueberry wine right now....very nice...salud [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

ImageUploadedByWine Making1451591700.750632.jpg

Stew being "brewed", huge pot.
And some of my GSM wine left overs...

ImageUploadedByWine Making1451672289.741475.jpg

Wifey, I mean Santa brought me a bottle of Mark West Black Pinot Noir. Opened it just now. At 11.99 I get one to bring to my sister's house tomorrow night. My brother-in-law is a wine snob. I'll let you know how it goes over. he turns his nose up at most of my homemade wines. LOL, Bakervinyard

My brother-in-law is a wine snob. I'll let you know how it goes over. he turns his nose up at most of my homemade wines. LOL, Bakervinyard

He's worried they'll taste too good and ruin his palette for the rut gut he normally drinks.

After finishing the dregs from a VR Diablo Rojo bottle, moved onto a 375 of a Merlot blend, now heading back into a non-descript Cab Sauv before I'm flirtin' with disaster. Hopefully the Cab Sauv will slow me down a bit.

Went around the "winery" tonight by myself. Pretty unimpressed. WE Tempranillo, oxidized. WE eclipse OVZin meh. WE GSM bleah. They all taste the same. Nothing mouth filling or enjoyable. My blackberry raspberry port is still too boozy. Man I could go for a nice cab right now!!

I feel your pain.

I just ground the grain for an all grain Stout I'll make tomorrow. The wonderful dark grain aromas remind me of a nice red wine fermenting on the skins, in a different sort of way.

I guess I'm fortunate that I make both beer and wine. While I'm waiting for my "meh" kits to age and become "yea" kits, I know the beer I will make tomorrow will be drinkable in two weeks, and wonderful in a month.

2014 Diamond that we bottled this afternoon and I'm thinkin' I like it!!! Nice pineapple flavor not too sweet and a nice crispness to it.

My very first Apple wine from Roy @FTC Wines
With pizza.
ImageUploadedByWine Making1451862713.612514.jpg

Absolutely superb and a prime example that kits should not be consumed until 2+ years of age.

image.jpg

Had not popped a cork on this bad boy in 3-4 months. All I can say is WOW. Massive wine, oak is perfect, a nose you just want to dive in to. Tannins are still a little crunchy and need about 45mins to settle down and soften a bit.

This will last 10 years at least. 75% Cab Sauv, 15% Zin, 10% Syrah.

Definitely "The Heavyweight"!

IMG_0883.jpg

Latest posts

Back