What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No photos but I had a glass of Chardonnay made from home winery concentrate and it was pretty good. I will make more.

Geek, glad you are enjoying the Peach And Apple Wine we gave you. But Apple Wine & Pizza? Pairing? We will have to try that paring. Of course we love Apple Wine as much as we love Pizza! We just Got ur text, but we are in the middle of Fl on St Johns River & there is NO cell service, so didn't get text till tonight. Will try your wines when we get home & post here on what's in your glass tonight. OK, tonight we had a Home Winery Elderberry, now just opened a Home Winery Cab. Rough day helping a 87 year old friend. Roy

A Leese-Fitch Zinfandel. My local indie grocery had it on sale for $7.99 a bottle, and you get another $1.50 back if you send in the rebate (although I acknowledge my batting average for rebates is likely south of the Mendoza line, which is NOT an Argentinian wine reference). Anyway, for $6.50 a bottle, you would be hard-pressed (no pun intended) to exceed this wine. Certainly fruit-forward, which is my preference, but lots of spice and earthy goodness lying below.

We are drinking a Don Amado Cellars Cab - Merlot blend. Geek's wine that he gave us when he visited us over the Holidays. It is awesome, bold, great color, dry , Legs, very smooth, good flavors. Thanks again Varis. Would like to know what the blend % is. The label is distorted from being in a cooler & traveling from Conn to Fl. Roy. PS. It's got a punch to it. One glass and I can feel it. Very nice.

image.jpg

We are drinking a Don Amado Cellars Cab - Merlot blend. Geek's wine that he gave us when he visited us over the Holidays. It is awesome, bold, great color, dry , Legs, very smooth, good flavors. Thanks again Varis. Would like to know what the blend % is. The label is distorted from being in a cooler & traveling from Conn to Fl. Roy. PS. It's got a punch to it. One glass and I can feel it. Very nice.

Thanks Roy, that Wine just keeps getting better..!!
ABV I think it is in the 14% or so.
I love it with a steak next to it [emoji12][emoji12]

Cleaning some bottles, started a kit, moved a few wines around. Noticed I had a partial bottle leftover from racking a Chardonel the other week. Popped the cork and poured a small glass. Not too shabby for 3 1/2 months old. It still has a nice acidic zing even though it went through MLF. Just can't seem to pick out the oak. Used 43g of Am. light spirals and 1 oz Fr. Med toast chips for 5 3/4 gallons. Might have to bottle this one. I'm happy it still tastes pretty dry for finishing at .998. Going back for another glass full!

Lets play "Whats in my Glass" tonight! LOL

Been sitting on this for about 3 years now. It clocks in at 15.7% ABV! A really unique blend of Grenache, Syrah and Petit Sirah. I am SO making this wine out of some of my 2015 stuff. I have all 3 finishing up MLF.

IMG_0893.jpg

ImageUploadedByWine Making1452568122.804194.jpg
Topping bottle of my (wow) now December 2014 old vine Zin port. Coming in at about 21% with no burn. Great flavor and legs. Can't wait to thief the barrel. Been in there almost six months now. Still have two 750's for topping. Background is my newest hat from my recent trip I just got back from. All inclusive doesn't have 2014 OVZin port. Couldn't wait to get back home and really drink [emoji7]

Latest posts

Back