What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a bottle of Muscato. Another wine I have little experience with, couldn't even remember what it tasted like, just knew many were sweet. This one has a really nice overall flavor, and although sweeter than what I normally drink, it is quite pleasant and enjoyable. Went well with some spicy nachos I had for dinner.

Considering a kit purchase as I really don't have any sweet wines (a few off-dry bordering on semi-sweet) to offer guests. I imagine one kit would fill my need for many years to come. I could also buy some golden muscat grapes from my local source next fall. I am assuming that is what muscato wine is made from?

1-13-16_moscato.jpg

Eclipse Barolo, 27 months old. A very, very slight hint of kit taste and I might have overoaked a tad. Nice though. I should have added more tannin.

Tonight, it is my 'Chianti Ripassa", a Vinifera Noble Chianti fermented on the gross lees of a CC Sterling Amarone. I added some raisins in the primary and a couple extra ounces of american heavy chips in the primary. It is quite yummy. Just reaching a year old now.

Tonight, it is my 'Chianti Ripassa", a Vinifera Noble Chianti fermented on the gross lees of a CC Sterling Amarone. I added some raisins in the primary and a couple extra ounces of american heavy chips in the primary. It is quite yummy. Just reaching a year old now.

That sounds pretty good!

That sounds pretty good!

I have done this on several occasions. I have also made a GCI Barolo on the gross lees of a CC Showcase Amarone. It is terrific! May have been better with a bit more tannin but it is quite nice as it is. This is a winner of a tweak, in my opinion.

And a cheap kit too...!!

My 2nd to last bottle of 2013 Kenridge LR California Grand Red. So sad its almost gone. So good...

A 2013 petite sirah. Considering I have some in the basement undergoing MLF I thought I'd hunt one out at the store. Big. Bold. Chewy. Cloyingly drying. Heavily oaked. Not many discerning flavors besides oak. 15%. Longest finish I have ever experienced. I still feel it scratching my throat 20 minutes later. Need. Water. One glass is all I can handle. Not my cup of tea. Mine tastes better [emoji12]ImageUploadedByWine Making1452989664.903184.jpg

Recent openings, all amazing. Not a dud in the bunch. Gorman Zachary's Ladder was the best, Lauren Ashton Cuvee Arlette 2nd, Saviah Cellars GSM was 3rd. Awesome sauce!

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

Last edited:
Luna Bianca started last month.
I am really liking it !!

cbf1a4da-8736-11e5-9904-47a184aab619-780x585.jpg

Opened a bottle of 2012 Nine Hats Red Blend from Long Shadows winery. This is the best $19 bottle of wine you will ever have. It can be laid down for 5 years easily. Paired really well with a Prime cut of Rib Eye last night. The Long Shadows Story is here.

Late 2013 WE carmenere. It's taken this long to lose the kit taste. Still not a very good wine, but better than before.

Latest posts

Back