What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Lawrence golden delicious . Ale aged in apple brandy barrel 11%
A little hot for my taste
ImageUploadedByWine Making1449801877.689029.jpg

Made a Costco run today and got home too late for a real dinner so having some antipasto, havarti cheese and olives with fresh sourdough bread and this......

IMG_0857.jpg

Zinfindal pomegrante, 2012. For the life of me I can't figure out why I have not made another batch of this!!!!!!! One bottle left!

Last edited:
Costco Flatbread Pizza with added Costco Chanterelle mushrooms........ @boatboy24

Paired really well with a bottle of my own Toscana de Roja Super Tuscan blend. Awesome sauce!

attachment.php

Last edited:
This evening a 2012 Carlos/Bronze, semi sweet, great mouthfeel, flavor explodes in your mouth and just feels it up. Dam is this good and again only one more bottle left of this!

Tonight it my first bottle of elderberry, made with concentrate from homewinery.com. Started in December, 2014 and bottled in April, 2015. In addition to the standard kit, I added 1 American medium stick and 1 oz French medium chips.

This is my first non grape wine (other than a batch of dragon blood) so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm really happy with the result of this. After back sweetening, I only ended up with a SG of .994 so it is still quite dry but I love the flavors. This is a terrific social wine and one that you can drink all night long without much chance of getting hammered. I like that. My notes say starting SG was only 1.080 so it is fairly low alcohol. I'll definitely do this again.

On Sunday we had girlfriends parents over for dinner, her dad was part of our first wine making last year. So I opened a bottle of our Cabernet, he along with my girlfriend and her mom enjoyed it. It is now 14 months old and just in the past 3 months I have seen such an improvement in it.
I only have 7 bottles left, so I need to squirrel some of this away for another 6 - 12 months.

Steve

Latest posts

Back