What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was hoping for some August 2015 WE SE Sangiovese, but I actually needed it all to fill the last 375 ml bottle. So I had to settle for a 2013 Bolla Sangiovese. I really like cleaning and reusing their 1.5 L bottles.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1448157555.568240.jpg
Had to work this afternoon for a "couple" of hours which turned into 7 long ones.
So I'm relaxing now!

Steve

Had a very young 375ml bottle of Forza. Had taken one with me when I went for a visit to my brother's house. along with some samples for my Berringer white zin only SIL.

I ran out of the glassful of Sangiovese I had taken and he had no other red wine in the house (I'm working on him slowly), except the mini forza I had taken over so he could give it to @jgmann next week. Sorry Jim, it was really drinkable after it decanted for 30 minutes in the cool evening air.

I have three more shots to get one to my brother, we'll see how it goes. If I knock those off I might actually have to bottle the whole batch.

I ran out of the glassful of Sangiovese I had taken and he had no other red wine in the house (I'm working on him slowly), except the mini forza I had taken over so he could give it to @jgmann next week. Sorry Jim, it was really drinkable after it decanted for 30 minutes in the cool evening

No worries. I'll get there.

Happy 5th Anniversary to my wife and I. We found a great bottle of wine for the occasion. Chatus is the grape, one of only 2400. Only grown at one Vineyard in France. Didn't cost an arm and a leg either. The glasses are hand blown at a glass place in New Haven, MO. And we watched them being made. That is St. Louis Blues color.

1448414804682.jpg

Happy 5th Anniversary to my wife and I. We found a great bottle of wine for the occasion. Chatus is the grape, one of only 2400. Only grown at one Vineyard in France. Didn't cost an arm and a leg either. The glasses are hand blown at a glass place in New Haven, MO. And we watched them being made. That is St. Louis Blues color.

Congratulations on your Anniversary !!

You are both very lucky to have each other !

It was truly a great pleasure meeting you both as we went down on vacation in Missouri.

Congratulations on your Anniversary !!

You are both very lucky to have each other !

It was truly a great pleasure meeting you both as we went down on vacation in Missouri.

Thanks, Steve. We hope to make it up to Chicago area sometime. I need a vacation and why not go somewhere cold and windy???

Six month old Diablo Rojo that I had added fermentables to. Had a neighbor over who wants to start making wine (his Dad has a bunch of grape vines, Concord I think), so we did a semi around the world sampling. I think the Merlot based Bordeaux was his favorite.

I found that the Diablo Rojo has really done well the last month or so. Really tasted like a different wine compared to my September samplings. High alcohol is getting really integrated into the flavor profile and not the first thing you taste. Will definitely finish this bottle off tonight.

Hope wlalm,sd 0poialdjt.e.ms,te....zzzzz....zzzzz

F-Pak Fizz

Our son Anton is a budding mixologist at the Dillinger Room in New Brunswick while attending college and wanted to show off his skills while home for the holidays. He needed grape juice but all I had was an f-pak. Here goes, it was fruity and creamy and delicious!

F-Pak Fizz

1.5 oz Dark Rum
1.5 oz lemon juice
0.5 oz F-pak
1 egg white

pour all ingredients in shaker with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain into martini glass.

IMG_0163.jpg

What wine is everyone pairing with the turkey and stuffing today?

Thanks to richmke, I remembered that my WE LE Oregon Pinot was coming of age (18 mos.). We had chicken, not turkey, so it seemed a good pairing. It was pretty danged good. Light but not thin, flavorful, seemed Burgundian (as expected for an Oregon Pinot).

Back