What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife's 60 birthday with 50 or 60 friends and relations. 2011 Amarone 2012 Rubio 2013 Valpolicella.
Just a little bit belated, but happy birthday to your wife, Tony. Just love a good Amarone! Really like your Rubio too.

2012 was good but not as good as 2010 vintage. 2011 was cool but wines are taking longer to come together in the bottle.

Where did you find it?

Picked it up at my local Harris Teeter. Sadly, it was $14.99. They are ridiculously expensive when it comes to wine. I'm going to try Wegman's soon to see what they have. They're typically 20-30% less and have a much better selection.

Well, this is a bit of a cheat. "In my glass" at the moment is a sampling of my CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab/Merlot, which I just racked to bulk age, i.e., racked off of the lees after fining a few months ago. It is very nice even at this young stage (4 mos. after pitching yeast). I think this one is a winner.

I cannot believe no one has posted since I posted 2 weeks ago!!

Anyway, tonight I have a nice Rioja that I bought on WTSO. It is Ondarre Reserva from 2008. After breathing a bit, it opened up nicely!

I have been too busy killing grapes one cluster at a time……. :) Starting to see just a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Tonight I opened my first bottle of WE 2013 LE Pacific Quartet. I only used half of the F-Pack and bumped up the ABV just a bit from the paltry 1.088 to 1.097. Fantastic wine. Paired very well with some TJ's Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce with chicken over Jasmine rice. :hug

Forgot to mention a little squeeze of lime and some chopped cilantro as well on top!

web114.jpg

Last edited:
I had a small sample of my WE Eclipse Sonoma Pinot Noir, when I was racking it. For only 3 months old it is darn smooth!
it was probably only 2 sipps worth, but I will gladly wait it out.

Then I had 2 Sam Adams Oktoberfest. Smooth, Malty and delicious!!!!!

I don't want to say, but have to admit.. I'm drinking a low end RJS HE Cab Sauv. That I did several tweets on and honestly it's pretty good! Hubby who drinks a sweeter wine than I opened one of his ,that I backsweetened to 1.006, had to agree.

Huh. Who knew

2012 Elderberry, I came down with a head cold yesterday, so I started with Cold Ezekiel and Elderberry wine! So far it is working pretty good!

On a side note, dam is this **** good!!!!! 5 pounds per gallon, acid at .80%, backsweeten to 1.008.

A glass of VdV white zin, started 2/11. just bottled the last
3 gallons + 1.5 liter for 17 .750 lt. 1 glass from the bottom.

bill

With dinner, I had a wine from Puglia called Masseria Surani. I went for it on a whim because the blend was 50% Primitivo, 30% Negroamaro, and 20% Cab Sauv. It was very pleasant, but a lot simpler and rounder than I was expecting from the blend.

So, at home, I am drinking a pretty chewy Cline Syrah.

Latest posts

Back