What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013 WE Selection Pinot Noir
Bulk aged with 3 oz of med toast hung cubes.

Bottled in July.
Mellowed out a lot in bottle.

It is fruity, slight smokey & excellent (especially served along with buffalo chicken pizza next to a fire in the fireplace)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

So far while I am cooking a jambalaya I have had Dragon's Blood, Tropical Daze, Blackberry Merlot, white muscadine and blackberry. All homemade by me

Had my Cellar Craft Sterling Cab Sauv tonight with baked beans, buttered bread, fruit, cheese, and home made spicy pickles. Not fancy, but it works for me!

Opened a 13-month-old Mezza Luna Red. Yay, it is coming around nicely! This is the very first wine that I have made that was enjoyable to drink. (Most are still too young.) Last time I checked one of the Mezza Luna's was about 6 months ago, and I was quite disappointed -- strong KT. I'd say this now compares nicely to a $7 or $8 bottle.:b

Opened a 13-month-old Mezza Luna Red. Yay, it is coming around nicely! This is the very first wine that I have made that was enjoyable to drink. (Most are still too young.) Last time I checked one of the Mezza Luna's was about 6 months ago, and I was quite disappointed -- strong KT. I'd say this now compares nicely to a $7 or $8 bottle.:b

Good to hear! My wines are young as well and I'm very unimpressed with my 10 month old MLR (early drinker my a$$!). Hoping it will turn a corner this winter. My CC Sterling Pinot Grigio is getting better and better though. I'd say it is on par with a good $10-12 bottle now at only 9 months old. Also, my 8 month old RJS BC Pinot Noir is ages ahead of the Mezza Luna (though still not quite ready).

A hobby that teaches a virtue. Patience.

Drinking our own Sweet Diamond (2013) then to a D&O Cellars Balckberry. We drank a split bottle of our Cinnamon Pear earlier this week for dinner.

Wife's 60 birthday with 50 or 60 friends and relations. 2011 Amarone 2012 Rubio 2013 Valpolicella.

1411246827582.jpg

Drinking a Rose Court Winery Blackberry Merlot and a B&L Winery Thunder in the Valley Red. But the night is still young.....

Well, its not really tonight yet but its been a nice cool day here in the NC Sandhills. About 70 degrees and a drizziling rain. Last week we were in the 90's so its a welcome change.
In the late afternoon glass is some California Sweet Red Wine. A bit sweeter than I like, but, I got a deal at the local Dollor General. $3.00 a 1.5L bottle, discontinued. Got 2 bottles at this price today. Last month I got 4 bottles of the Sweet California White, also discontinued. Same price, same size. Good for drinking, topping off, and the 1.5L bottle.

DSCF2322.jpg

Tonight, I'm taking ibglowin's advice and trying the 2012 H3 (Horse Heaven Hills) Cabernet. Really nice wine for it's price.

Well, its not really tonight yet but its been a nice cool day here in the NC Sandhills. About 70 degrees and a drizziling rain. Last week we were in the 90's so its a welcome change.
In the late afternoon glass is some California Sweet Red Wine. A bit sweeter than I like, but, I got a deal at the local Dollor General. $3.00 a 1.5L bottle, discontinued. Got 2 bottles at this price today. Last month I got 4 bottles of the Sweet California White, also discontinued. Same price, same size. Good for drinking, topping off, and the 1.5L bottle.

Wine at Dollar General!!!?? :HB

2012 was good but not as good as 2010 vintage. 2011 was cool but wines are taking longer to come together in the bottle.

Where did you find it?

Tonight, I'm taking ibglowin's advice and trying the 2012 H3 (Horse Heaven Hills) Cabernet. Really nice wine for it's price.

I finally decided to pop the cork on something I should have bought a case of a couple of years ago. 2009 Beringer Knights Valley (Black Label) Cabernet Sauvignon. 91ps Wine Spectator and I paid 16.99 for this bottle at Costco several years ago. Paired it with leftover Beef tenderloin from the weekend . OMG, this was the best thing I have tasted out of CA in a long while even better than a $90 bottle of 2006 BV Georges De La Tour. Fantastic Cab that could have fetched 4X what I paid for it. Happy camper! :p

beringer-cabernet-sauvignon-knights-valley-reserve.jpg

Wish I would have done the first Grand Red. Here's to hoping Grand Red II is as good. :h

Back