What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A old kit wine that a friend gave me and I made a port out of it - really good after a hard day at work !!!!

Well, a bit of a cheat. I am enjoying my 2013 WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir. Tonight was bottling night for that batch, and my carboy holds about 31-3/4 bottles. So I get to bottle 31 and drink 3/4!

I am very favorably impressed with this batch. Almost zero KT, and a nice, solid taste. (It is a bit light, in the Oregon/old Burgundian style.) Now put it to bed for 18 months....:sl

Some of my merlot/blackberry combination. 64 ounces of concentrated Merlot and 5 jars of blackberry Jam. It is only six months old but it is very good. Gonna do this again.

A quick sip of my first Riesling!

..an International Series kit from Costco.

I had a taste of my first Riesling the other night... still has to finish clearing, but it was gooood! Its a Cornucopia kit that I boosted the sugar content.

Last night we polished off another bottle of skeeter pee and then opened a bottle of Duplin Sweet and easy Muscadine.

we are doing operation Restore Sanity at the beach, so we drank a Sweet Red Muscadine (and toasted ffemt), then a couple of Key Limen wines. My wife's aunt and uncle are making margaritas also.

Tonight we will try the new Menage Trios Midnight and a rregular ed Menage Trios. The wife wants to mix some pina colada mix into the cranberry wine and some Lime slushie mix into the Key Limen.....

ffemt gets toasted frequently, along with mrs. ffemt. And we raise a toast to him at times too....

Eclipse Barolo. It had it's first birthday earlier this week. It is tasting tart/astringent, which it has not done before. May be that I still have just a touch of the cold I had earlier in the week.

Bacardi Rum and some diet juice mixer, because we're on vacation and trying to finish off everything in the house since we'll have to throw it away. Though I spent most of the week working through a nice selection of $10-$18 Malbecs my wife picked up at the local Costco.

The Costco-brand Signature, $18, was the standout of the lot.

One of the best Cabernet Sav I've tried....so silky and smooth...

Bought at Costco for $12.95

View attachment 18660

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Tried to find this in my local liquor store and also in Costco but couldn't find that vintage. Costco did have an H3 Merlot. May have to try that one. I understand that this region is adjacent to Red Mountain AVA. The ones I have had in the past are outstanding.

Latest posts

Back