What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am immersed in a CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab/Merlot (thanks Mike (ibglowin) for the recommendation). I pitched yeast in April of this year but it is incredible tonight. I opened a split to satisfy my curiosity. WOW! It is one of my favorite wines in my cellar. I am trying to imagine how good this will be in a year or two. Going to start another one soon. Thanks again Mike!

Honestly that kit is far better than the Red Mountain Cab IMHO. Made both enough times to know full well and it cost LESS!

If anyone is interested Wine.com has the 2012 H3 Cabernet Sauvignon for $11.99 a bottle with $0.01 shipping if you order $99 or more (thats 9 bottles) Use the promo code TREATS when you check out.

If anyone is interested Wine.com has the 2012 H3 Cabernet Sauvignon for $11.99 a bottle with $0.01 shipping if you order $99 or more (thats 9 bottles) Use the promo code TREATS when you check out.

Interesting. It shows up at $12.99 for me. :ft

This is what I see. 2012 for $11.99 in stock (ships today). Maybe they like me…….. :) I have made a few purchases in the past.

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 1.00.54 PM.png

With 162,000 Cases made you should not have too much trouble finding this wine locally somewhere. That plus the price and the 92pt score is what almost guarantees this wine will be somewhere on the list of Top 100 Wines for 2014. They always have several wines like this for the "non collector" types.

Last edited:
It's $11.99 at my local TotalWine. I think I might be making a pit stop on the way home.

Oh yeah, on the topic of this thread: I'll be attending my son's soccer pizza dinner tonight at a local Italian eatery. Pretty sure there will be a glass of Chianti or Montepulciano in front of me. :D

Yep, I snagged a bottle as well at TW in San Antonio this weekend. Same price. Stay away from the Fava beans with that Chianti……

fava-beans.jpg

Tonight I am having a 2010 Elderberry. It is amazing how this wine changes. When I made it, it was really nasty with all of the green goo, it smelled bad and many times I thought I should just dump it. I just pushed it into a corner and ignored it until I ran out of carboys. I then decided it was time to dump it and I actually carried it to the sink, took off the air lock and bung, sniffed it one last time and it actually smelled good! I sampled it, liked it, bottled it and now I am down to less than 6 bottles of it. It is simply one of the best wines I've made.

Just opened a bottle of Chilian Pinot Noir. I started May 2013, with a juice bucket and added a lug of Chilian Pinot Noir grapes. I wasn't too crazy about it when I bottled this past June. But the last two bottles I opened it seems to be coming around. Bakervinyard

Latest posts

Back