What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened up one with a bit of age on it from the cellar tonight. It really blossomed after about an hour or so in the decanter.

B1zCBmrIMAAvfRF.jpg

we started Pizza and wine night with a Kavic Winery Duquesne, followed by a Red Cat Niagara, followed by our own Bushy Run Winery Catawba.

Traminette from Harford Vineyard. Simply delightful.

Jim, your Harford Traminette lasted longer than mine. I also purchased their Cab Franc and red blend. All good stuff...

In my glass tonight is Baltimore's own Full Tilt Brewery's Patterson Pumpkin.

Heather
Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

It was Pizza night for us as well last night. I found a 2007 Brancaia "TRE" in the cellar and immediately pulled it. This was a Wine Spectator Top 100 wine from 2009. A Blend of Sangiovese, Merlot and Cab Sauv. I pulled the cork and remembered that they used a Nomacorc of sorts. The wine held up beautifully! Paired VERY well with an Angus Steak Pizza with mushrooms, greek olives, and goat cheese on top! :hug

25098-brancia-tre.jpg

Mike,

That pizza sounds good. Was it done on the Kettle Pizza?

Neighbor just informed us they're lighting up the fire pit tonight. I think I'll bring some Black Forest Port over.

Jim, your Harford Traminette lasted longer than mine. I also purchased their Cab Franc and red blend. All good stuff...

In my glass tonight is Baltimore's own Full Tilt Brewery's Patterson Pumpkin.

Heather
Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

I bought some of the Cab Franc as well. Really enjoyed it.

Yes, getting pretty good at cooking them on the Webber grill with the Kettle Pizza Oven. I have to admit I pushed the "easy" button on the pizza and picked up a couple of Papa Murphy's "take and bake". They work well as long as you get the medium sized. That Angus Steak was awesome. I added the kalamata olives and goat cheese on top at the house. :hug

Mike,

That pizza sounds good. Was it done on the Kettle Pizza?

Neighbor just informed us they're lighting up the fire pit tonight. I think I'll bring some Black Forest Port over.

Cupcake Cabernet. It is my (current) favorite. Good up front oak without too much on the finish.

Last night was Prime boneless rib eyes on the grill. Pulled out a special wine as our youngest daughter was over as well. 2008 Mark Ryan Winery "Dead Horse". This wine was stellar. If this wine came from California it would have easily run a $100. WA State value allows you to get a wine like this for less than half that. Excellent bottle that went good to the last drop with the meal!

199188.jpg

Bottled my WE Selection Gewurztraminer and had some left over, started just Oct 2 and it is tasty, very good for such a young wine...

Latest posts

Back