What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some left over blueberry from bottling today, as I listened to the Eagles stay just close enough to make it a game. Was impressed, I went low on the back sweetening, wife said it is good but could be sweeter, which is exactly what I was aiming at for bottling time. Should get really nice in 6 or 8 months from now. I don't care for overly sweet, so I like it as it is now, the blueberry shines through on the finish, too much sweetness can hide the flavor IMHO.

Some Fall 2015 Dornfelder, carboy #2. Used AIO and racked twice since it still seems to have some gas, put off bottling until tomorrow morning before school (if I have time after making a turkey pot pie for dinner). Smelled so good I had to tip the carboy for a sample, dark, dry, did I say dark fruit, dry, oak monster, dry, yum.

Who says I only drink WA State wines! 2007 BV Tapestry. 91pts WS and still holding up just fine. Really still amazingly fruit forward. Tannins were nicely integrated. Tapestry usually does not disappoint and this bottle was true to form.

IMG_1765.jpg

OK, so it's not in my glass yet, but I just found and ordered a case of 2014 Volver Single Vineyard Tempranillo, rated 92 by Robert Parker, for $12.99 per bottle. Still have a few of the 2012 which was a 90, and love it. A great value for this wine...........

OK, not too strong. I'm drinking a 2013 Cab Sauv from 8 Chains North in nearby Waterford, VA. This is made here in Virginia from fruit grown in the Crawford Vineyard in Yakima Valley. I bought this bottle about 15 months ago after tasting at the winery. My thought was it is very good, but needs some time in the bottle. It is still very good, but I think it would benefit from another year in the bottle.

They went a LONG way to get grapes. I think they may just be on to something!

They originally did that due to late frosts and a tough growing year here. Needed to add volume to keep production levels up. They continue to source from there and produce Washington wine, even as they've increased their vineyards here. They were my potential source for WA grapes this fall. But with Dad buying in, I stuck with what I knew was good - the Lanza Suisun grapes. Maybe next year.

Latest posts

Back