What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to bring bottles of Jim Beam in my carryon all the time - years ago. Never had a problem. Can't remember if I ever packed it in a checked bag, though.
Yeah, now you can’t even bring nail clippers in carry on. (technically allowed but up to each agent) Who is going To hijack a plane with nail clippers ?

Oooh. My daughter in NY makes a mean chicken piccata. Going to see her in another month. I’ll have to put in an order.

All you seasoned travelers, how does wine do in a suitcase on a plane?

I've always just wrapped any bottles I was bringing back in a shirt or something, packed a layer of clothes, put the wrapped bottles in the center of everything and put more clothes on top. Never had an issue with anything breaking this way.

I used to bring bottles of Jim Beam in my carryon all the time - years ago. Never had a problem. Can't remember if I ever packed it in a checked bag, though.

I have been to some wineries that sell just the thing you need, I bet the great God Amazon sells them as well. Think bottle-shaped bubblewrap, with a closure at the top. They are wonderful, if something bad happens and one breaks, it is contained and doesn't get all over everything. I recall they were around $2-4 / wrap.

I typed "wine bottle bubble wrap sleeve" into the great Amazon search engine, had a bunch to choose from.

Latest posts

Back