What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my Mandarin Orange today, left it dry, .990, not bad and just a hint of orange, will try it in about 4 to 6 months. Loren

Went out tonight and saw Tim Vandergrift give a talk on the special WE kits coming out for 2011. He was very good and had a wealth of knowledge. He was entertaining also. Afterwards we had a wine tasting with some comercial wines that he picked to compare to the new kit wines. Overall great night.. I would go listen to him again..

I saw him a few years ago. Did he do the "STUMP ME" gig? If you ask him a question that he cant answer you get a kit.

First thing this morning I racked about 27 gallons of wine Then made the 75 mile trip to Walkers and picked up Gewürztraminer, Riesling, Plum, Niagara, and some Fredonia. Luckily being so close to Buffalo we did not run into much of the big snow storm. Tonight I labeled and capsuled the 12 cases I bottled on Tuesday.

Bottled 8 gallon of bronze muscadine today along with 6 gallon of mixed red wine grapes not sure what to call it but it is really good, also mixed a bottle of the 2 together to make a rose'. Thinks I might mix a few bottles of this together as it is a good mixture.

well I'm fixing to go dress out a big doe I got this morning her and about 4 others decided to get a quick breakfast in the upper pasture.........the opportunity was there so I took advantage of it, got a nice doe for it.

I saw him a few years ago. Did he do the "STUMP ME" gig? If you ask him a question that he cant answer you get a kit.

No he didn't but my local gave pretty good discounts if you ordered the kits last night..

Not me Dan! I just did 8 cares a couple of weeks ago... Not again for a while.. :db

Tom the cellar is always open for friends. Them Pittsburgers keep saying I need to quit the weekly trips to Walkers but they keep coming up north to drink.
...and I enjoy every bit of it!:dg

Tom the cellar is always open for friends. Them Pittsburgers keep saying I need to quit the weekly trips to Walkers but they keep coming up north to drink.
...and I enjoy every bit of it!:dg
YEP!
Same here Cellar alwasy open whem I AM THERE!

to bad I can't drop by real easy I'd bring some fresh backstrap and a few onions little garlic and a big hunk of fresh bread works good with the blush I did, at least the stroganoff wife made did.

Nothing wine related today except maybe drinking some later. Heading to Bedford PA this am to check out a puppy for the 18 y/o. I must be nuts.....

Just put dinner in the slow cooker so it will be ready later.

Just came back from my local had to buy some supplies and help out a couple that was looking to start winemaking. Man I love when I can do that..I always let the know about winemakingtalk.com... This is a great hobby.. :db:db:b

Christmas gift - wine rack

I was looking on the internet for a wine rack for my husband and came across this really neat wine rack on Ebay. The description is a handmade riddling style wine rack. Check it out and tell me what you think...A good Christmas gift?

A riddling rack is for making champagne. Another rack many of us use is one from Sam's club. You can only buy it on line. If you're a member take a look at it. It holds 168 bottles and the final cost is about $105. after shipping charges. Its a great deal depending on what you're looking for.

I went to the wine making supply store this morning and bought another 2 gallon primary. Then I used my last 4 cans of Aldi's plums and started another batch. And I used the hydrometer before I added sugar. I think I may have made my first batch of not-hot wine.:try

Latest posts

Back