What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bottled my peach wine this morning...making bread with my 4 year old daughter this afternoon :)

Washed the truck and vaccumed it out, washed my son's car, changed the oil and greased the front end. Checked the sg on my chablis, it is below 1.00 already carrying hydrometer and spoon up stairs, wahsed them off dryed the hydrometer, slid back into tube and watched it slide out the other side. I knew I should have bought a 2nd one last week when I thougfht about it. Guess I'll be buying 2 next week.

Need to transfer 2 more buckets of juice this afternoon.

ever since i started keeping 2 on hand i have not broke one, before that it was one every couple of months

Same here....I just gave my spare to a friend who broke her's tho....I'm nervous now!

BIGJEFF don't waste any time run now and get another one, Wade is right if left alone they will commit suicide!

I actually keep 3 because when I break one and second follows real quick.

the friend who came by "just to play" with the puppies ended up putting a deposit down!!!! her big mistake was bringing her husband along!!! she never had a chance... LMAO who brings a K-9 dog handler to "just play" with puppies LOL!!!

im really happy, they are gonna make great puppy parents in just about 6 more weeks!!! and since i work with her everyday , ill get daily pup-dates and know its doing well!!!

Went out around noon and sited in my rifle with my brother he did his also now we are ready for deer hunting next week. When I got home I had to go move a dresser for a friend. Now I am sitting here trying to decide what flavor wine I want to go out and start I have Elderberry, Chockcherry, Wild Plume, Blueberry,and Rhurbarb, and gooseberry in the freezer to work with.

Enjoying an early glass of Cabernet Franc before retiring for the evening. Will have to finish the bottle tomorrow. What beautiful weather today.

Spent the day touring wineries with Rodo, his wife Jeannie and my wife today. Not only tastings but we also got a nice tour. All the grapes are three weeks early this year around here and they told us if we had a favorite juice we wanted to buy to make sure we buy it early. The vineyards have actually quit picking the basic grapes like Niagara, concord and diamond to start picking the higher grade ones. When they tell you the differance they make per ton you realize why they're leaving the others hanging to pick the more expensive ones.

Trying to answerr postes butt hard cause all homebrew and wine mixxing I cant speel rite.
I hopes da speelling POLICESS donre asy anythings. :dg:dg

You should have asked them if you could pick the remainings! I know of few people on the forums that asked just that and the owners said pick what you want as it goes to the birds!!! Wish I was around there!

Today I finally bottled lasts years Sang/Zin blend blend from grapes, racked my Chard, mowed the lawn, changed out a hard drive that was shot in my daughters laptop and uploaded all the stuff including Xp and everything else on the face of this Earth. It was by far the biggest PITA that Ive ever had to get this comp back running. Im still doing some small stuff like scanning the comp with antivirus as that program just busts your chops until you do so!

Spent 3 hours in emergency room w/ my daughter. She (38) was attacked walking her dog by a pit bull. She is home after 3 hours in hospital but the dog is still in dogie hospital
What a day... We all are lifting MANY glasses

Spent 3 hours in emergency room w/ my daughter. She (38) was attacked walking her dog by a pit bull. She is home after 3 hours in hospital but the dog is still in dogie hospital

Hope all is well! Sometimes, I think the dog owners should be put down!:m
I'm a dog lover myself but I think the dog owners should be held more responsible for the actions of their pets!

Tom, sorry to hear of this. There are reports every week of people and dogs being attacked and killed by these dogs. They should be outlawed or owners should have a special license to own one with accountability and insurance. The police have shot at least two of them this summer in Erie. Yes we are raising a glass to your daughter as things could have been worse.

OMG, Thank God she is ok and hope the dog is going to be okay as well. I agree with BigJeff, owners need to be held more accountable. I lot of people do not know this but pitt bulls are not an agressive dog, only when their owner makes them that way.

Definitely raising a glass to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back