What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thing you had some wine on hand , you never know when you might need it lol . Glad your cake turned out good .

Thank god I have a few hours to myself today hubby's working and our son is at school so just me & the dog hanging out .But I do have to get some housework done today and have to go for a CAT scan this afternoon.

Racked 2, 14 Gal. carboys. Used a Flojet diaphram pump.

Picked up 2 on ebay for $29.00. They work pretty good although they need to be reset 3 times for 14 gallons.

Got a line on free apples so I'll do that tommorrow.

Work, family and dogs have got me streched thin right now...i really don't know if im coming or going anymore LOL!

Doug, think outside the box. A crib wine rack. Why let the space under the bed go to waste. You could fit @ 100 bottles under there and they would be cool.

Doug, think outside the box. A crib wine rack. Why let the space under the bed go to waste. You could fit @ 100 bottles under there and they would be cool.

Well I took apart the day bed that the crib was previously converted into and followed the directions for converting to a full size bed. I have to say who ever came up with this wonderful idea was a complete and total moron. Picture the long side of the crib being the headboard. Now one would think that a child, a toddler coming from a day bed would go into a twin or a full bed, correct? No I swear after you get the head board put together the way they tell you to it would, no ****, damn near fit a queen size bed. Moron I say, complete and total moron. Ive decided after I get back from SC, I'm going furniture shopping.. Morons should not design childrens furniture.

Thank goodness for wine or I may have taken that whole experience a different way and the crib pieces would be on the front lawn.

Oh and Steve, the extra pieces may make a wine rack some how, either that or I'll cut them up and use them in place of Oak.....:):):)

Stopped by South Hills Brewing on the way home and picked up some more #7 bungs and more #6 bungs as well as a dozen more airlocks. I decided to try the "S" airlocks this time. No reason, just something different.

This is what I've been doing past few days, it's hot but man they are getting ripe and there are sooooooooo many of them
0921101650.jpg

also got the green scups as well not to mention the big boys yummm

Racked my CA juice wine today. Will be adding OAK and MLF.
Now, waiting for the Italian Juices to come in.. When they do I plan on adding some grapes to the primayl.

This is what I've been doing past few days, it's hot but man they are getting ripe and there are sooooooooo many of them
0921101650.jpg

it's kind of hard to tell what you have but I am guessing that it might be chokecherries am I right

Picked up a few boxes of John Henry peaches to make a batch of peach wine. Got four gallons of juice at SG 1.040! :dg Sweet!!

Been reading the recipe section and feeling the need to try a mead!!
Starting to pick up supplies a little at a time. I sure do wish I still had the hives my brother and I had years ago. I still have the hand cranked extractor. Might have to look into getting another hive for the back yard.
Try and get self sufficient before it all crashes and we go back to the stone age.

it's kind of hard to tell what you have but I am guessing that it might be chokecherries am I right

I think Julie's right. They look just like the Noble varity of Muscadines that I picked up and processed last weekend.

Thats even better I just got done putting up another five gallon of wild plumes now I have ten gallons in the freezer that are not pitted what would be the best way to make them into wine I have never done a wild plume wine before looking for help

Latest posts

Back