What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figuring out how I can intercept and Hi-Jack Rodo's vehicle after picking up his wine.

Since I made it home I must have somehow evaded Dan :sm

Figuring out how I can intercept and Hi-Jack Rodo's vehicle after picking up his wine.

Since I made it home I must have somehow evaded Dan :sm

Rod ho did you make out. My Niagara was fermenting when I got it home.I am over by the PA/OH line at the fair waiting to get my stuff. Agggggggg

Rod ho did you make out. My Niagara was fermenting when I got it home.I am over by the PA/OH line at the fair waiting to get my stuff. Agggggggg

While I was getting the drums filled (it took about 20 minutes) I was chatting with the guy doing the filling. Turns out he is studying wine making and of coarse making some at home. I extended an invitation to join us all here at winemakingtalk, he seemed interested, his name is David and lives in Warren.

Having a glass of wine. Mike and I went on a Jeep poker run with some friends today. I came in 3rd for the best hand but didn't win anything, Mike came in with the worst hand and won $50 :slp

Had a great time, we were going to drive past Wilcox Winery so I talked our group into stopping there, will the rest of the jeeps seen us there so they stopped as well. Have roughly 50 jeeps parked all over the place. With the sales they got from this crew you would have thought they would have been willing to sell me their used bottles cheaper than 3.50 a case.

Having a glass of wine. Mike and I went on a Jeep poker run with some friends today. I came in 3rd for the best hand but didn't win anything, Mike came in with the worst hand and won $50 :slp

Had a great time, we were going to drive past Wilcox Winery so I talked our group into stopping there, will the rest of the jeeps seen us there so they stopped as well. Have roughly 50 jeeps parked all over the place. With the sales they got from this crew you would have thought they would have been willing to sell me their used bottles cheaper than 3.50 a case.

Sounds like a good time. I'm hoping to pick up some bottles next week or when I get back from SC.

Mike came in with the worst hand and won $50 :slp
YEA MIKEEE!!!!!!
With the sales they got from this crew you would have thought they would have been willing to sell me their used bottles cheaper than 3.50 a case.
I know people get free from other places but I'll get you all you want for $2.00. Let me know and I'll get them before you come up and have them here.
Every thing went well.
The drums still feel pretty cold, should be ready by morning.

While I was getting the drums filled (it took about 20 minutes) I was chatting with the guy doing the filling. Turns out he is studying wine making and of coarse making some at home. I extended an invitation to join us all here at winemakingtalk, he seemed interested, his name is David and lives in Warren.

Very cool Rod. I also met another wine maker who told me his wine room capacity right now is 3000 bottles. I invited him to the party mand he says heck ya I'll bring a case! Wine Makers Rock and make great friends!

108 lbs of Chardonnay processed and in bucket now awaiting the Yeast starter thats rolling along nicely now.

Picture 004.jpg

A winery, brewery and distillery all in one,,,,
you'ld only have to leave home for food and supplies!
One can only dream...

Going to a wedding this morning on the beach. Friends of SWMBO at work. I'm glad it's finally here. Yesterday was a PITA. They wanted the cake to save to be shaped like a castle. So while the wife was working,,,yeah in a bakery,,
I was at home doing cakes for the wedding. Batter from scratch, not dump the box and add eggs and water.
That mold for a castle is really a pain to get to release and look good. Ended up doing two with the last one coming out at 9pm.
Isn't it amazing what we men will do for the women we love?
But then too, she is the one keeping us afloat during these times and my work being so slow.

A winery, brewery and distillery all in one,,,,
you'ld only have to leave home for food and supplies!
One can only dream...
I was at home doing cakes for the wedding. Batter from scratch, not dump the box and add eggs and water.QUOTE]

I think you need to teach this trade to Wade so he can add this to his hobbies also!

Had a nice visit with Julie and her husband this afternoon when she dropped by to pick up her carboys. Had her sample some of our wine and she left with her hands full. I scored a jar of the delicious salsa she makes. Yum Yum that and some Resiling what a treat. She did sample the Jalepano wine and seems to think it may mellow a bit. Think we'll hold off on the extra batch for the time being and let this age. We can always blend later if needed.

Just got back from the festival. My Malbec did very well. 15 out of 20. The Bergamais did 11.25 out of 20 (it was my first cheap kit). The blueberry Shiraz got 13.25 out of 20 and the Pinot Gris got 12.5 out if 20.
For lower end kits I think I did pretty well. Nobody got a 20/20. Compared to last years (2009) scores (for other peoples wines) I did very well.
I'm sure my wines from fresh grapes and fruit will do great next year.
The judges seemed partial to big reds and a tomato Wine for some reason.

Last edited:
Had a nice visit with Julie and her husband this afternoon when she dropped by to pick up her carboys. Had her sample some of our wine and she left with her hands full. I scored a jar of the delicious salsa she makes. Yum Yum that and some Resiling what a treat. She did sample the Jalepano wine and seems to think it may mellow a bit. Think we'll hold off on the extra batch for the time being and let this age. We can always blend later if needed.

Well it was definitely worth my while to drive down there today. Not only did I get a fanastic deal on carboys but scored 4 bottles of his wine, had a taste on two of them while we were there and I now am going to make those in the spring. I love trying other's wine it gives me ideas of what I want to do.

Thanks Doug

Nice you guys were able to get together today. I agree its a bonus trying other peoples wines and sharing recipes. Not to mention sharing good deals we fall upon.! Way to go guys. By the way Doug, did you save the tree gallons for me, I'll be down next Thursday and I know you wouldn't of given those to Julie. LOL

The wedding yesterday was nice. We got there early and with the wind blowing off the water, they needed some help getting set up, so we both helped out.
Pay it forward. Almost two years ago when my youngest got married, the night before my wife fell at the motel and broke her right wrist. Had to have a cast put on it. And she was decorating the cake that night!
So we had plenty offer to help out. Which we really needed.
The couple that got married reserved a pavilion at the beach and were told no alcohol, when it came time for their drink together, no one had brought any champagne. Ended up I had brought a few bottles of my blackberry for some friends that would be there. They had their toast with my BB. I hope I can get a photo of it!
Today it's back to normal, a little work to do and then the house husband chores..
Oh yeah, my cake was a big hit and surprised quite a few people. What is it? A man can't bake???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back