What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey doug where is he stationed??? we were stationed at RAF Mildenhall for 5 years. we lived in thetford (by RAF Lakenheath) and in Ely housing... tell him were jealous hes there and i miss the markets!!!

hey doug where is he stationed??? we were stationed at RAF Mildenhall for 5 years. we lived in thetford (by RAF Lakenheath) and in Ely housing... tell him were jealous hes there and i miss the markets!!!

I'm not sure where exactly he is stationed. He came into town on the 10th for his brother's (my sisters son) funeral. He is heading to OK for a few days to see family then going back over. It was good to spend the day with him. I'm now going to be looking for a used bike (inexpensive) as an extra for when he comes home for his sister's Graduation next June.

I've been wearing glasses all my life. Once I have some extra cash, I'm going to get that laser treatment

I had the laser treatment 12 years ago, and 6 months later it had to be redone. My eyes were worse than they had ever been. I could not drive at all at night, the halos (I call them star bursts) were way to severe. The second time was better and did last longer. After about 5 more years my eyesight was deteriorating again. The Halos which had never left were getting more severe and night driving was like going to a fireworks show.
My optometrist said that if the deterioration continued, I would not be able to drive. Finally, I went to a surgeon who my eye dr. recommended. He said the halos could not be corrected but with cataract surgery, my sight would be restored. I would still need reading glasses but my distance sight would be good. He was right. About 3 years ago I had the surgery, which was actually easier than the laser surgery. I can now see better than most from a couple of yards away to a couple of miles away. I am a Yacht Delivery Captain and I take much younger men with me as crew. I can pick up a buoys before any of them. I wear reading glasses only and in good circumstances, I can read without them. The halos are still there, but not as pronounced. Everyone is different. I had the laser surgery because others that I knew had it successfully. There is a lot to be considered before eye surgery, it could be a tough decision and your age will be a major factor. I‘m 72 now. :b

Bottled 6 gallons of Barolo.
Everything is labeled and cellared.
Getting the carboys ready for crush.
I still need to bottle a merlot....

Had dinner with my brothers and parents.
Going to have video game time with Kat and her brother Dave.
I need more bottles before I can get the merlot in.
Going to get thoses carboys empty for crush. Really really hoping Serpent Ridge will be able to find some grapes for me. Either merlot or Sangiovese. :)

Drinking my last bottle of raspberry. Been doing a lot of homebrewing so I haven't been on here lately. But since my 90+ bottle surplus is getting slim I geuss I should get busy making some wine.

gonna organize my studio today, the crafts are taking over!!! first i need to start some home work!!! UGH!

Gotta get some breakfast going for SWMBO. It's her day off.
I'll probably force myself to clean another bunch of bottles. I've got a couple hundred, mostly 1.5 Ltr from Carraba's to do.
It seems there is always something to do.

My grapes from Midwest should be waiting at home for me.
Kinda upset they too so long to ship because I leave for Ocean City tomorrow.
Hopefully it's frozen enough for me to add some kmeta and hide in a cool spot until I get back, or thawed enough to pitch yeast tonight or in the morning. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

Studio ORGANIZED!!!! Tiles for bathroom choosen!!! Back Door Picked out!!!! what a fantastic day!!!

the back door will be installed in 2 weeks but Hubby Dearest
the bathroom will be remolded after the cold and snow hits, itll give him somthing to do !! he gets so fidigty over the winter!!! I know my house is only 2 years old and should not need all this dang work . The builder installed french double doors off square on a wind and weather facing side of the hosue..to say the least i get snow and rain on my floor and can no longer open and close the door!!!! Damned builder screwed us on this but oh well!!! and the bathroom just looks bad, to plain and the back splash was installed wrong and trimmed badly, gonna end up breaking it when we rip it out cuz u know he glued it to the drywall!!! oh well i will have a working back door and a spa oaisis soon!!!!!!

YIPPIEEEEEE

hello everyone. long time no see, im tearing up my skeeter pee ---man its grrrr8.:h

I went to the Chautauqua Produce Auction in NY this morning and pick up 16 qts of Jalapeño peppers. Doug is coming up to pick up the other half Saturday when he brings his daughter up for school. I ordered some OB Green Apple from George and plan on fermenting the peppers with it. I will also make a batch of Jalapeño without the apple. I froze the peppers until I am ready for them. Also cleaned out the freezer and cleaned 4 cases of bottles.

ProduceAuction.jpg

I'll be starting blackberry picking here in an hour or two.. Gonna be a weekend-long event.. Not sure what kind of # i'm lookin at yet, but ill have a better idea after the sun drops..

Latest posts

Back