What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan, we decided on the 1.9 cf Whirlpool. Price was right seeing it was on sale. Picked it up today and tollk out the old one only to find there was damage to the bottom back corner where it mounts to the wall. Took it back, new onw will be here friday and the took an additional 10% off.

Here's what I did today.. pressed 19 gallons of Noble Muscadine, 19 Gallons of Red Muscadine and 14 gallons of Carlos Scuppernog. I also racked 16 gallons of Noble and 14 gallons of Reds from the first picling the end of September.

Since the replacement microwave that was supposed to be in today didn't come in, I transferred some Muscadine from primary to glass on my lunch break. Now I'm enjoying a glass of my last bottle of 2012 Bronze Muscadine/Scuppernog..

Now is it Scuppernog or Scuppernong? Google has it as the latter...

Racked 21 gallons of 2014 Noble Muscadine to the bench in preparation of backsweetening. 1.008 is too sweet imho...

Carved pumpkins with my Daughter and cut up an extra pumpkin to dehydrate for dog treats..

First day back after our Florida vacation. Got up and started to work early, but the trip went downhill from there. A raccoon decided to run under my car, then after another 10 minutes into the drive, I decided that I forgot my laptop at home and had to turn around and go get it, which put me late to work. People acting stupid at work and almost terminated an employee for his stupidity.

Ahhh..... its good to be back to work.......

Donuts oatmeal cookies brownies Hershey Peanut Butter Pumpkins. Yeah ate the whole thing! [emoji200]

Steve

"Life in the Lonestar State" Yeah, that's about right!

12109063_887827174637521_2339283651914479007_n.jpg

A bit of rain today. May hit 12 inches for the weekend.

Plan on racking my cab.sauv. that just finished mlf. Gonna add 2-3 ounces of med.+ toast French oak cubes as well. Then trick or treat with the kiddos tonight.

heading to the Indiana Wine Walk in Indiana, PA (our alma mater) to see if we should ask to sell our wine there next year. Working for a bit on Saturday, then to a winery going out of business for a bottle of thier last wine and to see if they are selling equipment.....

watching The Gift and sipping Ffemt128 Carlos. Dam Doug you nailed it! Nice smooth and full mouthfeel and a huge Carlos flavor. We are loving it

Had to fix the dishwasher the two screws that held it in place broke out. It has been loose since we moved in, glad it is done. I hate plumbing and electrical. I know what to do but if it goes wrong bad things happen!!!! Then organized my shop/cider/perry/soon to wine room.

Been picking up persimmons all week. Going to look for more one last time. Have 15 lbs. in the freezer.

Mary Lou

Latest posts

Back