What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just bottled 3 gallons of hard cider.

cider_zps58iwtz2i.jpg

Also first test of the AIO bottling system.

Finished building my trap thrower trailer too.

t1_zpsleyyyqc0.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
If I recall correctly, osso buco literally means hole or opening in the bone. Osso means bone, of course, as in "ossified" or "osteoporosis." The cross-sawn veal shank has, naturally, a section of the calf's shin bone. The center of the bone, where the marrow resides, is the cavity. Buco means something like "cave" or "cavity" or even "hideyhole."

The chain restaurant "Buca di Beppo" means something like "Joe's Cave" or "Joe's hideout." ("Beppo" or, more commonly, "Beppe" is a nickname for Giuseppe, which is why I am calling my Amarone that is tweaked a la @Joeswine "Amarone di Beppe.")

I don't eat veal ,but I never even heard of that before. It looked good though!

I don't either, unless I can be sure it is from an animal not raised in a veal crate. Ergo, I always make osso buco with beef shank. Not as tender/delicious as veal, I wager, but still pretty good!

Just ordered a set of roller blades. Bought my daughter a pair and she wanted me to get a set. We'll see if I kill myself on them this weekend. Had a cheap set years ago when the older children were little. That was 18 years ago...LOL

getting my stiches out from corpal tunnel surgery. time to get busy gotta rack some db and start some apple raspberry for a friends wedding then get my stuff together for first day of trout on saturday:fsh

Settled on the new house this morning. Ran by with wifey afterwards to take some measurements that we hadn't taken during the home inspection and yesterday's walkthrough. While it will be some time before we finish the basement, we spent some time down there talking about how we might want to lay it out. We have a few options, but it looks like regardless of which one we choose, I'll have a 12x12 production area for winemaking. I'll have some storage as well, and a tasting/bar area that is TBD at this point. :db

Started another 12 gallons of Cranberry Pomegranate and we are racking 15 gallons of Diamond....

A little more time at the new place today. We spent more time in the basement and shuffled the plans a bit. All good - I'm getting a slightly larger dedicated winemaking area that is now right next to one of the drain pipes and water lines. So it'll be super easy to set up a sink. :db

Filtered and bottled the 2014 Chilean Viognier and the Eclipse Sauv Blanc. Off to baseball and T-ball games shortly. Then the "Fun Fair" at the kids' school. After that, yard work at the new house, then more prep for the winery move tomorrow afternoon.

12 gallons of Cranberry Pomegranate continue to ferment with a vengence. Picked up part 1 of a 65 gallon batch of Cran Pom. Part 2 tomorrow with 100 pounds of sugar....

Looking forward to my first shower post-op! SO ready to get some of the bandages off and see my newer "lower profile" self. :)

I've been working on knitting Christmas presents while I'm laid up, and making some good headway there. Also pitched the yeast on the current Wine Co-op batches just before heading to the hospital: Green Apple Riesling, Raspberry Peach Sangria, and Strawberry White Merlot. By the time primary ferment is over, I'll be able to get Hubby to do all the lifting and transferring for me for secondary fermentation.

Looking forward to feeling better and healing quickly!

Winery move this afternoon. I've emptied the barrels and moved all the carboys upstairs. I have a friend coming over with his truck in a few hours. Garage bench and cabinets will be moved into the new winery, along with all the gear.

For the move, I've just put a few cups of Meta in the barrels and closed with a solid bung. I'll refill once we have everything back in place later today. Anyone see an issue with that? I can't imagine the wood would dry and shrink up in just a few hours.

Latest posts

Back