What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WooHoo! We have multiple offers. Been away from the house again all day today due to showings. 2 in hand and at least one more coming. We'll be reviewing them all tomorrow.

Congratulations Jim. Sounds like it will be a quick sell. I do have to question the real estate practices today though. Back when I bought my house, once an offer was submitted it was general practice that another offer could not be considered until first was rejected. Now it's a bidding war...

multiple offers mean you left some $$ on the table. Let the bidding BEGIN!!!!

Racked my 140 gallons of Cabernet and 60 gallons of Niagara. I am going to be a bottling fool soon. The PLCB makes thier visit for an inspection and interview on Friday. Time for Doug to spend more of my $$ (LOL).....

We are set up for our PLCB interview on friday. We met with our proposed manager (my wife's aunt) to go over possible questions that the state may have for us. And they want a bunch more paperwork.....

elderberry cuttings

I took cuttings from my elderberry plants today and planted 24 cuttings. I hope some of them will root and produce more plants. I just bottled my first batch of elderberry dragon's blood and it is so good. I'm looking forward to picking more berries this summer because I want to make more db elderberry wine. I don't think this batch will last till they are ripe. On the one hand I can't wait to share it but on the other hand I'm tempted to keep it all for myself. ::::

Mary Lou

We bought a car. It was the least exciting car purchase of my life. We replaced our car with the exact same model, but 3 years younger. The only reason was that we wanted to get rid of the manual and get an automatic transmission. (I assure you, it was for a good reason that I am not going to go into here.) The cars are nearly identical -- I did not know that buying a new car could be so BORING! :)

Just got home from Presque Isle with 16 pails of Chilean juice. I have 7-8 days to get it from primary to secondary before heading out on our honeymoon! It's going to be a busy week, but I will get it done! Sheww!

Dan who?? All that great Presique Isle wine I was served must have gone to my head!

Last edited:
Just got home from Presque Isle with 16 pails of Chilean juice. I have 7-8 days to get it from primary to secondary before heading out on our honeymoon! It's going to be a busy week, but I will get it done! Sheww!

Dan who?? All that great Presique Isle wine I was served must have gone to my head!

Good luck with the wine and congrats on the wedding

LOL Angelina it was great meeting you and your husband and I look forward to more meetings. I think Angelina pulled in just as the the delivery truck was pulling out! This picture is the first of several deliveries.

001.jpg

Racked 6 gallons of Super Tuscan, 6 gallons of Shiraz-Viognier and 11 gallons of Old Vine Zin. With the exception of what's in the barrels, I've got everything racked that I'll be moving to the new house in two weeks. Those, I'll rack a day before the move. Next week will be bottling the 2014 Chilean Viognier, 2013 Blueberry Port and the Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc. Heading out soon to take my oldest to his first baseball practice of the season.

Had a sick boy this morning, so we're blowing off church and family today. :D Kid is fine, but we don't want to infect the grandparents. We had a leisurely egg hunt this morning and I've been shopping on line for TV's and stereo receivers. Had to go to the grocery store so we could have an Easter dinner. I picked up a very small ham that I'm going to smoke on the grill shortly. We'll also have a kale salad, green beans and sweet potatoes (at least those of us that are feeling up to it). It's been a nice lazy day. Part of me keeps saying I should be busy packing, etc, but I'm enjoying not doing much of anything.

after giving up carbs for Lent (and dropping 18 pounds), I gorged myself on Reese's peanut butter eggs and had a nice dinner with the family and in laws. We had our PLCB interview on Friday in order to try to obtain our license to sell wine. Got called into work on saturday morning and then spent the rest of the day looking for Easter candy and picked up a used wine press.

Racked 5 gallons of Raspberry Blush and 5 of Corot Noir. The Corot Noir will sit on American Medium toast oak for the next 6 to 8 months.

I will try to call around to established wineries to check on surplus bulk wine, as my wife has now agreed with Doug to prepare for the big sale opportunity in October....

Opening day for baseball/Tball today. Ceremonies this morning, then my oldest has a game at 3:30. Youngest doesn't have his first game until Monday. Earlier, I bench tested the 2014 Chilean Viognier, gave it a little sorbate/Kmeta and simple syrup. I'll bottle that and the Eclipse Sauv Blanc in a few days. In between opening ceremonies and the game, I need to go to Sears and get some new wheels and blades for my mower, then put 'em on. We're settling on the new house Wednesday and I have a friend helping me move the winery next weekend, so I need to pack up what I haven't already. I'll bottle the 2014 Monastrell-Petit Verdot today or tomorrow.

Started my Carmenere Chilean juice this morning. Pitched Bourgovin RC212 yeast. The must taste great will be adding Oak Spiral when I rack it to the carboy.

1428759338763.jpg

going to start another 12 gallons of Cranberry Pomegranate and we are going to a local winery to donate some wine related materials for a fund raiser. Corrected the winery's labels and time to get the taxes done....

Back