What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winery is moved. I hope my babies are OK spending the night by themselves. :D As mentioned, I had emptied the barrels prior to the move, so I was able to do my first racking in the new house in order to fill them back up. Racking was never so much fun!

Second attempt back on the computer since surgery on 3/27. Rough road but I'm getting back. :>

Tomorrow is sanitize bottle day. 25 to 50 cases need to be ready for Sunday, when hopefully I can convince ffemt to come over and help bottle. 140 gallons of 3 year old cab needs to go into bottles and another 60 of Niagara too.....

Tomorrow will be a busy day for me I am in the process of building a wine press then I have to install a garbage disposal and try to rack thirty gallons of wine

bToday I'm Busy appreciating all of the help and support from our family and friends since my surgery last week. I have had people come and cook for me, clean my house, help Bryan with the kids, and generally be amazing.

We are so lucky and are very appreciative. :b

I was up in Baltimore today for my niece's First Communion and subsequent party at my Sister's. Fun day, but I'm beat. It's now cold and rainy and I'm settling in for the night with a Rose'.

30 cases of bottles sanitized in preparation for bottling tomorrow. ffemt is coming over to check the wines and help with the enolmatic bottler

Racked a cab.sauv. and merlot, oh and watched the Canucks get blown out of the playoffs :(

With ffemt, bottled 28 and a half cases of 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon. Doug is a slave driver and my body will pay for it tomorrow. And we tested a bunch of other wines to get them ready for bottling....

Good luck on the convalescence, Enologo! I don't know what your surgery was for, but I wish you godspeed in getting well.

Thanks for the good wishes. Had a benign tumor in my inner ear which involved manipulation of the brain, hearing, balance and facial nerves in order to remove it. My perception of this going in was much different than the reality but I'm on the mend and lining up my helpers for the Chilean juice and grapes. I can't wait. :D

Thanks for the good wishes. Had a benign tumor in my inner ear which involved manipulation of the brain, hearing, balance and facial nerves in order to remove it. My perception of this going in was much different than the reality but I'm on the mend and lining up my helpers for the Chilean juice and grapes. I can't wait. :D

Thanks for sharing! I am glad to hear the trajectory is upward (and wineward!) :try I am giving your post a "like" to honor your recovery.

well for better or worse im getting drunk on a wine blend im testing, one was overly sweet the other overly dry, the result is similar to a sherry so im doing some sampling ;-) just to confirm it lol, purely in the name of research u understand ;-)

Last edited:
Back