What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The past weekend was very busy. Started out having to teach a first aid/CPR class on Saturday morning, then rushing home to wait for the winery delivery. MANY thanks to Doug for his assistance moving the wine equipment into the basement on Saturday. Then to the local museum to conduct a wine tasting. Sunday was just a first aid class for the local baseball league.

A trip to Lowes, new vent hose on the dryer, edged all the landscaping and spread 5 cubic yards of mulch. :sl

Today's the big day!! We are officially adopting Anna the Mastiff. @Julie - I know you will be so proud :)

We bought her a new collar to mark special event. Apparently we are going to have our picture taken too after we sign the papers - it turns out that Anna is the reason this rescue was started. She is their original Giant! So as we understand it, she has something of a fan club that needs to know how things are going.

So excited! The kids are super-pumped too. She will be "their Anna" now for keeps. :db

I racked 11 gallons of chardonnay, 5 gallons of pinot grigio, 6 gallons of merlot and 5 gallons of Blackberry jam wine. Gotta age a long time I think but I also think it will be worth it. The blackberry may be good in say three months.

Today's the big day!! We are officially adopting Anna the Mastiff. @Julie - I know you will be so proud :)

We bought her a new collar to mark special event. Apparently we are going to have our picture taken too after we sign the papers - it turns out that Anna is the reason this rescue was started. She is their original Giant! So as we understand it, she has something of a fan club that needs to know how things are going.

So excited! The kids are super-pumped too. She will be "their Anna" now for keeps. :db

I am proud of you!!!!!!!!! This is great and I knew you were going this route, :)

As of this evening, our house is officially on the market. Whew! It's been a busy few weeks and I'm glad it's over. Well, just starting, actually. I have a few small things left to do tomorrow, but they are extremely minor and I'll enjoy taking my time doing them over the next 48 hours or so. It's a weird feeling. Been here just over 9 years now. Growing up an Army brat, this is the longest I've ever lived anywhere. Jen and I were joking yesterday that the place looks so great we don't want to leave. Oh well, too late now. :)

As of this evening, our house is officially on the market. Whew! It's been a busy few weeks and I'm glad it's over. Well, just starting, actually. I have a few small things left to do tomorrow, but they are extremely minor and I'll enjoy taking my time doing them over the next 48 hours or so. It's a weird feeling. Been here just over 9 years now. Growing up an Army brat, this is the longest I've ever lived anywhere. Jen and I were joking yesterday that the place looks so great we don't want to leave. Oh well, too late now. :)
Hope it all goes well for you Jim!

So far this am I put the labels on my 2014 Diamond which was bottled last weekend. This afternoon I'm hoping to bottle my 2013 Chilean Pinot Grigio, 2014 Malvasia Bianca, and 11 gallons of Seyval. I would also like to filter my Catawba and Reisling. Those can wait until tomorrow if needed. I want to start my blending process this weekend.

Mission accomplished with the exception of the Pinot Grigio... I need to label the Seyval still but I did filter and backsweeten the Reisling as well as bottled the Peach.

I now have empty carboys for racking. Now to find 12 hours to steam 110 lbs of Elderberries..

I racked over the Fredonia and Concord this morning. I may try to accomplish some blending of my Andrea's Whine and Destiny. Niagra, Concord and Fredonia and Catawba, Concord and Fredonia.

Racked the Sauv Blanc out of secondary and stabilized early this morning.

We had to be gone for almost the whole day due to scheduled showings of the house. So then it was off to pick up wife's car which had some maintenance done, took the kids to the movies, out to lunch and then over to visit Grandma. While all that was going on, we got a really good offer on the house and word that another is coming this evening. :db

Good luck Jim, sounds like all your work is gonna pay off for you. It took our oldest a whole year beforehand he was able to sell his house.

Did an inital back sweetening on the Andrea's Whine, Destiny and Concord-Niagra. Took them to 1.008. I think the Concord-Niagra could be a tad sweeter. I'll check it again later in the week. Still need to back sweeten the Catawba-Fredonia blend.

Bottled 41 bottles of "rum" wine-loving the floor corker. Waiting on 7 1/2 gallons of dried cranberry to clear.

WooHoo! We have multiple offers. Been away from the house again all day today due to showings. 2 in hand and at least one more coming. We'll be reviewing them all tomorrow.

Back