What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie, I blended a Cayuga, Concord and Fredonia in equal amounts for my Battlefield Blush and it comes out very nice backsweetened to 1.010. I did a 5 gallon container of Cayuga and the kids loved it and took it all to college.

And don't forget, I picked most of those Muscadine grapes while Doug was off galavanting through the vineyard.... :)

Kim, sounds great! Back on the horse, so to speak.

Hey, where was you avatar picture taken? Interesting landscape!

The pic was taken at Drumheller Alberta. The pic is in front of where they dug up some dinosaur bones.It was a real interesting and educational place to go.It was on hubby's bucket list to see

Julie, I blended a Cayuga, Concord and Fredonia in equal amounts for my Battlefield Blush and it comes out very nice backsweetened to 1.010. I did a 5 gallon container of Cayuga and the kids loved it and took it all to college.

And don't forget, I picked most of those Muscadine grapes while Doug was off galavanting through the vineyard.... :)

That blend sounds pretty interesting, I might have to give that a try.

Oh, so you want to claim you picked most of those muscadines? Well what muscadines are "those"?????????????? :h

As I recall, by 11:00 you looked like you needed an IV hooked up to you so that you could rehydrate and if it wasn't for Andrea checking on you, I imagine you would have been napping under the vines...

I only LOOKED like I was going to pass out, due to the fact that I was picking all the grapes......:db

A bunch of PITA stuff in an effort to get the house ready: touching up grout in bathroom floors, caulking, touch up paint, more sorting through 'stuff'. Still a way to go and I'm already ready for this to be over with. :D

Looking forward to the conference tomorrow.

Today, sanitized bottles and bottling equipment, transferred the corot noir, raspberry blush and fredonia to buckets and cleaned the cubes. All my equipment comes next Saturday, so its going to be a week of getting the winery ready....

Been a busy wine weekend so far. Friday I backsweetened the Pinot Grigio, Malvasi, Seyval Blanc and Diamond. Yesterday I cleaned a sink full of bottles and filtered 11 gallons of Seyval and 6 gallons of Diamond. Heading off to church then family stuff. May try to bottle today, if not maybe next weekend. I may just filter the Pinot Grigio and Malvasia and plan on a big bottling day...

Busy day (still battling a sinus infection, so things just take longer): grocery shopping, walking the dog, getting a quote on a fence and deck, and Disney on Ice.

I would also like a few minutes to sit down and decide on how much stuff I want to donate, and how much I want to put in a garage sale for this year. We need to seriously clean out some stuff from this house and garage (most of it is the previous owner's). Ugh.

Didn't do anything wine related today except open a 2013 Apple wine. Spent the day running around the came home and set up the new 55" curved screen tv in the living room, moved the 40 to the bedroom and my 8 year old inherited the 32" for her room.

Didn't do anything wine related today except open a 2013 Apple wine. Spent the day running around the came home and set up the new 55" curved screen tv in the living room, moved the 40 to the bedroom and my 8 year old inherited the 32" for her room.

Funny that you opened up a 2013 Apple, I opened up a 2012 spiced apple today.

did some blending in the winery today. blended 3 gallons of cayuga, concord and fredonia to make our Battlefield Blush. Sanitized more bottles and cleaned some carboys.

Well today I labelled and capped all of yesterday's bottling.Not my type of wine, but our kids (adult age of course) like it and will be ready for summer.

20150317_142623_resized.jpg

Latest posts

Back