What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to a trip north to Erie/NY with ffemt for juice and wine. We need to stop in to see Dan at PIWC and pick up a few items before going to Walkers for juice.....

Snowing like crazy here. Forecast is for 6-10 inches. I'm predicting 5. ;)

Anyway, was up before 5am, so decided to get caught up in the lab. I racked the Monastrell/Petit Verdot out of the barrel and moved the Stags Leap Merlot in. Also doing some movement on my 2014 Chilean Cab/Merlot. I have 10 gallons total. Today, I'm racking 3 out of the barrel and putting 3 in. The remaining ~gallon is in 750ml bottles and is being used to top up. I also double checked the pH on my 2014 Chilean Viognier. It tastes really tart. pH came in at 3.38. I cold stabilized in January, which didn't remove much of tartness. So I'm thinking of sweetening a little bit to counter the acid.

We got about 4 inches of snow last night. Nothing to detrimental. Bad thing was it seemed as though public works crews around the area were totally unprepared. Such is life. 3rd Karate class tonight. Not sore yesterday like I was last Friday after the first class.

Had the new dog (on a two week trial) at home, by herself, un-kennelled for the last two work days (9 hours). She slept ALL DAY. Did nothing, no accidents, no eating or getting into things she shouldn't....

What am I going to do? She's like the perfect dog!!!

Had the new dog (on a two week trial) at home, by herself, un-kennelled for the last two work days (9 hours). She slept ALL DAY. Did nothing, no accidents, no eating or getting into things she shouldn't....

What am I going to do? She's like the perfect dog!!!

ROFLMAO, you are gonna keep her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a job after being laid-off since 10-1-14. Start my new job this Monday, 3-9-15.
Looking forward to getting back to work. Been getting on my wife's nerves lately.:D

Got a job after being laid-off since 10-1-14. Start my new job this Monday, 3-9-15.
Looking forward to getting back to work. Been getting on my wife's nerves lately.:D

That is great, Doug. Good for you, and best of luck in the new position.

(Hope it does not cut into your winemaking too badly! :) )

Fired up an Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc Kit early this morning. Later, I'll foil and label the En Primeur Dashwood NZ Pinot Noir I started back in July of 2013. Continuing to go through the house and 'simplify', getting some things boxed up for moving or donation.

Jim,
My wife and I are doing the same thing. We are moving to Delaware beaches area and going from a 4000 sqft house to a 2000 sqft house. Gotta get rid of a lot of stuff....except my toys of course. :D
No basement in the new house, so wine making has to move to the garage.

Jim,
My wife and I are doing the same thing. We are moving to Delaware beaches area and going from a 4000 sqft house to a 2000 sqft house. Gotta get rid of a lot of stuff....except my toys of course. :D
No basement in the new house, so wine making has to move to the garage.
I can't imagine the time it took to clean a 4000 sq.ft.home.

Good luck to all you movers! It can be exciting and a headache at the same time

Latest posts

Back