What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have decided that we are going to start eating healthier (I think we eat healthy already) than we currently do and also start excercising ( I could use to lose about 15 lb). Our daughter wanted to try out Karate so tonight we will be signing up for a family karate class. We will actually start on Thursday. The introductory class is 3 weeks. We figure it's good cardio if nothing else and doing it as a family will help to keep my daughter interested.

We have decided that we are going to start eating healthier (I think we eat healthy already) than we currently do and also start excercising ( I could use to lose about 15 lb). Our daughter wanted to try out Karate so tonight we will be signing up for a family karate class. We will actually start on Thursday. The introductory class is 3 weeks. We figure it's good cardio if nothing else and doing it as a family will help to keep my daughter interested.

That sounds like a lot of fun.

Just reorganized my brewing schedule so that I can make another batch of Mango wine for blending with the one that I have stabilized. Made 3 batches (@23L each) of beer this past week (Black Ale, English Barleywine (with Saison yeast) and tonight a Belgian Saison IPA). I also am going to make a mead next week after a friend harvests some wild honey from the rain forest. I am going to do a 1 gallon batch for that. The recipe I have, estimates for a 14% ABV (SG 1.1/FG .996). I am probably going to use the M27 Belgian Saison Ale yeast for that since that is it's maximum tolerance. This way I could back sweeten without having to worry about further fermentation. The wife taste tested the Pear Cider I made a couple of days ago (day 7 in bottle conditioning) and she said it was just right. That it was comparable to the Magner's Pear Cider that started that whole thing. The carbonation wasn't too much, I hope that if it goes further that it doesn't froth too much.

You could easily lose 15 pounds in say a month or quicker if you follow Dr. Oz's two week diet regime. MY wife and I did it over a year ago and actually still follow it. It is easy

http://www.doctoroz.com/topic/dr-ozs-two-week-rapid-weight-loss-plan

You could easily lose 15 pounds in say a month or quicker if you follow Dr. Oz's two week diet regime. MY wife and I did it over a year ago and actually still follow it. It is easy

http://www.doctoroz.com/topic/dr-ozs-two-week-rapid-weight-loss-plan

Our employer has a "health fair" where they do you weight, cholesterol, sugar, etc last week on the 17th. I don't put a whole lot of weight on what they say but we, as a family, decided to start. Since last week when they weighed me, I'm down almost 8 lbs just by cutting out the breakfast carbs and the French Fries I was having every day for lunch. Been eating salads for lunch and healthy (apple, grapes, oranges) for snacks if hungry between meals. We are going to add more seafood into the diet also. Right now we are on no fixed plan other than watching what we eat.

Thursday we start the family Karate program for 3 weeks then decide if we continue from there. Likely we will.

Tonight, I bottled my WE Selection Viognier. Looking forward to a nice white wine next summer. At bottling (after about 5 mos. bulk aging), it was good, not great. It tastes basically like a $6 bottle of Chardonnay. Hoping it comes around a bit before June!

Well, the bookshelves are done. All I need now is a couple of strong backs to get them up the steps to the library. We are having a wine tasting this Saturday so it will be next week some time. I am pleased with the way they turned out. BTW, that is the underside of the shelves and I was not very particular about the coverage.

100_0782.jpg

100_0783.jpg

100_0781.jpg

I bottled a WE Viognier a few days ago, so I was planning to label them and put them in my wine rack. I could not find the labels! So I spent 45 minutes to an hour tearing apart the winery, cleaning up a bit, and looking for them. Finally, I took a look at the notes from when I started the kit, and found this note. "Kit does not include labels (!)"

Arghh. At least I cleaned up a little :)

Thanks for that, Paul. I got a good chuckle, and it reminded me that I bottled my En Primeur NZ Pinot Noir today. I started it almost 20 months ago. Headed downstairs to find the labels...

Went to the gym and Home Depot early this morning. Just finished spackling up a few cracks and nail pops in the walls. Later will be cleaning and touch up paint to remove marks and paint the spackled areas. I'll probably rack the Monastrell-Petit Verdot from the barrel as well. A quick taste yesterday revealed that puppy is ready.

I attempted to make a "vine to wine" video from start to finish over the last 18 months. I posted it on you tube a few weeks back.
let me know what you think. I am by no means a professorial however this was a fun project to work on.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7hqZScnaYw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7hqZScnaYw[/ame]

Yesterday I painted the Livingroom, this am I painted the trim then racked the 42 gallons of wine I had cold stabilizing plus 6 gallons of Cherry.

Latest posts

Back