What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
need to filter the Green Apple Riesling one more time through the 0.5 micron filter to polish it up. time to rotate the sterilizing bottles to the bottle tree....

We invited my "Coupon Coven" along with their hubbies and kids over for a dinner party this past Saturday. They all knew I made wine, but were FLOORED by the demijohn and carboys sitting out. The hubbies were BLOWN AWAY by my husband's bock beer, I suppose in "man-world" any dude with beer on tap is a God.

The selection of wines I pulled out for the party were very well received, including my caramel/chocolate dessert wine, which paired phenomenally with chocolate lava creme cake.

One of the gals, who is not a big drinker, ended up calling me (a little tipsy-schnockered) at around 3 in the morning, raving about the blueberry candy cane wine that I gave out as gifts to all the gals.

All in all, it was a great dinner party, and I am re-inspired to continue my wine making journey even though other ventures have hindered it as of late.

Well done Gina! Sounds like you've got some good successes on your hands!

I had the same sort of experience hosting the Winemaking Guild last week. They received my meads so well that I was embarrassed by all the praise. I was told by one fellow that he would like to have a case of my Belligerent Blackberry in his basement; by another that they would have been thrilled to have made my New World Order Rhubarb Berry Mead himself; and finally that my Orange Creamsicle mead was most fantastic wine one fellow had tasted. They couldn't believe I had made all of those meads in my very first year.

Just brings home that a) good winemaking practices are key, and b) ageing your stuff is SO important. All of these were between 2-3 years old.

Had a follow-up second interview yesterday, and one on Monday,
Two promising potential jobs.
Been called in for a face to face interview next Monday.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Merry Christmas Everyone!

About to crack a bottle of home made Limoncello for a nightcap while the Mrs. and I arrange the goodies under the tree. G'night all. Merry Christmas!

Busy day. Last-minute shopping, gift exchanging with wife and her GF, lovely dinner, racking wine, cleaning bottles, and will leave for midnight mass soon.

Updates in other sections to follow!

Just got up myself. Looking for the coffee maker to finish up so I can get my cup.

I can't wait for the kids to wake up and start our day. We'll do waffles with strawberries and whipping cream, presents, naps, and then off to the in-laws.

Opened presents with the wife and daughter 2, Grand daughter 1 and son-in-law 2.
Made coffee. Made scrapple (tradition, and we all love it being raised on it)
Cooking the turkey now, eating Christmas dinner around 3:30 today.
Having a great time.
Daughter 1 and family coming tomorrow.

Woke up early yesterday 6:30 started the day with a shower while the 7 y/o patiently waited. She oopened her presents then the other children came over around 7:45. I made 2 lbs of sausage, 1 1/2 lbs of bacon, hash browns, 18 eggs and belgium waffles from scratch. Proceeded to my SIL for lunch then to my sisters for dinner. Home around 7:30 enjoyed a glass or 2 of muscadine wine and then crashed...

I did manage to get the pee racked to carboy and another batch started. I think that should hold us for summer...

Back