What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm making it rain today

3umana7u.jpg

Today I started a LE WE Oregon Pinot Noir and a OB Seville Orange Sangria, and stirred my two Chilean Cabernet Sauvigons. And drinking a glass of Chenin Blanc (although not one I made) on a great day off work. :) Happy 4th of July to all.
Heather

Gone phishing
ImageUploadedByWine Making1404514734.680309.jpg

This is my green hats 8th show (but not my 8th show)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I had some free time today by myself – So I cleaned and sanitized 192 bottles and transferred while filtering and bottled and corked them all, before the wife came home .

with my wife out of town for a wedding, I found out that I can get a LOT of stuff done. Vacuuming floors, cleaning bathrooms, washing my car, laundry, sanitizing more bottles and getting more wine supplies.

Can someone please explain this "marriage is good" thing to me again???

with my wife out of town for a wedding, I found out that I can get a LOT of stuff done. Vacuuming floors, cleaning bathrooms, washing my car, laundry, sanitizing more bottles and getting more wine supplies.

Don't get me started. Please!

Did you see how much i got done in the short period of time that she was away and I actually missed counting 3 cases of wine !!! - LOL

Over the winter our big grill got damaged and was no longer useable. Today we picked up the hubby a new grill from a craigslist find then had an impromptu cookout to break her in. We keep our large grill at my parent's house so they were stupid happy to have one again. Especially since the only grill they have access to is my brothers and with grill comes his 4 WILD out-of-control kids.

I'm glad we still have our small ones here. That means we don't have to invite my siblings over. :)

Oh, I also picked up 2, 25 boxes of sugar up from GFS.

Over the winter our big grill got damaged and was no longer useable. Today we picked up the hubby a new grill from a craigslist find then had an impromptu cookout to break her in. We keep our large grill at my parent's house so they were stupid happy to have one again. Especially since the only grill they have access to is my brothers and with grill comes his 4 WILD out-of-control kids.

I'm glad we still have our small ones here. That means we don't have to invite my siblings over. :)

Oh, I also picked up 2, 25 boxes of sugar up from GFS.

Having trouble understanding this post

In Paris for the week, so far loving everything, especially the wine... anyone have any reasonable suggestions?

In Paris for the week, so far loving everything, especially the wine... anyone have any reasonable suggestions?

Wine or otherwise?

My parents just got back from two and a half weeks in France. They spent a few days in Paris. One place they had dinner was called Le Coq Rico. Not cheap, but not crazy expensive either. They said it was very good. Another recommended place (near the Arc) is called Foquette's. More expensive, but as I understand, excellent. And if you want to drop some Euros, go to the Jules Vern in the Eiffel Tower. ;) I think all 3 places may require reservations.

Wine or otherwise?

Thanks! All advice is much appreciated, but I was mainly aiming at wine. I just had a bottle of Roche Mazet Cab. Really decent bottle of wine... for about 4$ a bottle. Outperforms the other 6 bottles we have tried that were between 5$ and 10$.

Taking a 1/2 day of work today and also took tomorrow off to work on the painting the house. Today I'll only work until about 3:00 as my 7 y/o has invited 3 of her friends over to swim in our pool. I'm picking them up around 3:15 or so. I should be able to get 3-4 hours of painting in before then.

Just finished racking the Yakima Syrah out of the Vadai, and the Tempranillo-Garnacha into it. Both really good so far (had to sneak a taste or two, of course). The Syrah is big and juicy. Oak was barely discernible, so I gave it an ounce of French cubes and 3/4 tsp of Tancor. I'll let it sit for a few weeks, then bottle. The Tempranillo-Garnacha is wonderfully fruity, and dry at the same time. Oh, the benefits of blending. Despite it's relatively dark color, it is medium bodied. It's going to be tough to keep this one around, I think.

As I was cooking dinner for us and the kids, my mom invited me to karaoke, set up my babysitting, and paid for my drinks... mommy had a well needed good night.

After taking the labels off 5 cases of wine bottles and getting them all cleaned up I decided to play with a new toy my husband bought me. So I made this. ImageUploadedByWine Making1405126270.110503.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1405126282.670458.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1405126294.661407.jpg
It's the first one I ever made.

Back