What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to get the Cranberry Lime Pee bottled as well as the Destiny. I have 6 cases of green bottles and 2 cases of clear bottles. May back sweeten and bottle some Catawba tomorrow. Need to mix another batch of Destiny. Its very good. May filter tue Concord tomorrow and back sweeten some of that.

Ran up to Walmart early this morning and picked up 300 rounds of .22 ammo and 850 rounds of 5.56 ammo. I'll be splitting the 5.56 with my son. If it warms up today I may try to get the drawers I built sanded.

Ran up to Walmart early this morning and picked up 300 rounds of .22 ammo and 850 rounds of 5.56 ammo. I'll be splitting the 5.56 with my son. If it warms up today I may try to get the drawers I built sanded.

What Walmart????? We been searching all over for .22 with no luck, even when we were in Charlotte, checked out Bass Pro and they were sold out as well.

What Walmart????? We been searching all over for .22 with no luck, even when we were in Charlotte, checked out Bass Pro and they were sold out as well.

The walmart in north fayette near robinson. They had cci mini mags 100 packs for 7.45 but a limit of 3 per day per person.

Dropped the sks off at Federal Firearms to have the rear break down lever replaced. I has the part, couldnt see a way to do it myself. Here's the broken one and the replacement part. He said they may actually get to it today. Whooo hooooo

1398357802283.jpg

1398357831402.jpg

Iirc almost everything on the sks is pinned together. I would have to take a look at mine but they are a joy to work on.

There is a .22 shortage up here too. Took a year+ to hit Canada but it's here now. Good thing I always have a couple years worth of ammo on hand.

As for me, I finished up my water pump rebuild on the big deere. Was a real pain when I snapped a bolt off in the block. It took some doing but I got it fished out. After that I snuck away from work and got all my turkey spots ready to roll. Nothing more than clearing a little underbrush. The season opens up tomorrow and I've got a friend coming down on the weekend to put the hurt on the thunder chickens.

I managed to get the Cranberry Lime Pee bottled as well as the Destiny. I have 6 cases of green bottles and 2 cases of clear bottles. May back sweeten and bottle some Catawba tomorrow. Need to mix another batch of Destiny. Its very good. May filter tue Concord tomorrow and back sweeten some of that.

Doug,
What's your recipe for the Cranberry Lime Pee, that sounds good.

Doug,
What's your recipe for the Cranberry Lime Pee, that sounds good.

It the same recipe as regular skeeter pee with the exception of adding 32 oz of Lime in place of the last bottle of lemon. Once fermentation is complete and ready for back sweetening I used 1 can of Crannberry concentrate per gallon. This batch was a 6 gallon batch and I used 8 cans of concentrate. It is by far the best CLP I've made so far.

Wow, you sound like a pretty serious winemaker. I only have my little kitchen to make wine. Most of it I age under my old kitchen table. I'd like to beef up my wine making this summer as I know I'll be getting tons of rhubarb and we love rhubarb wine. Today I'm washing tons of bottles to bottle 17 gallons of various wines I made last fall. I grow concord,\ and Frontenac, Kay grey, and another white grape I can't remember the name of. We have a small yard, but we get enough grapes and other fruit to keep us happy. Well back to bottle washing. dwinemaker

Today I washed and sanitized bottles then cleaned and sanitized everything in anticipation of bottling 9 carboys of Chilean malbec, 9 carboys Chilean Carmenere, 1 carboy of Zinfandel and one of Cabernet Sauvignon. by my count that should be about 600 bottles and approx. half of what is ready to bottle. I'm also going to pick up 15 buckets at Luva Bella tomorrow, 3 each of Petite Sarah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangiovese and Zinfandel. I think it will be a busy day!

Today I washed and sanitized bottles then cleaned and sanitized everything in anticipation of bottling 9 carboys of Chilean malbec, 9 carboys Chilean Carmenere, 1 carboy of Zinfandel and one of Cabernet Sauvignon. by my count that should be about 600 bottles and approx. half of what is ready to bottle. I'm also going to pick up 15 buckets at Luva Bella tomorrow, 3 each of Petite Sarah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangiovese and Zinfandel. I think it will be a busy day!

Jealous! But not of all the bottling.

Headed out to the yard momentarily. Edging all the beds, ripping out most of what is in front of the house and transplanting a few of those things. T-ball later this afternoon.

I have about 1000 pails of Chilean juice customers are coming to pick up today. I saw a few members yesterday. It's always great to meet people you've only talked to on-line.

Started two 6 gal batches last night, and added yeast today.
1 Original Skeeter Pee, and a D.D. Dragon Blood with the triple berry mix from Wal-mart.

Spent the morning at the fire department cleaning and setting up for our Annual Night At The Races. Our event starts at 6:00 and I probably wont be home until after midnight. Long day but its usually a decent fundraiser.

I think I may take the bike out for a little or open a bottle of pee. Hmmm, bike it may be in a little bit.

To the Post office to send the TTB more hard copies for the winery, then stopped off at the tasting room site to get some measurements for the PALCB license.

Graduation weekend for the boy. Computer programming dept graduation tonight, and the big University of Pitt graduation tomorrow. For the first time in seven years, I get to see some of my wife's paycheck in OUR savings account instead of Pitt's account....

I did not get all of my bottling done, I did bottle 125 bottles of Chilean Carmenere that was started a year ago. Thanks to Runningwolf and JoesWine and their advice this is the best wine I've ever made! I still have 5 more carboys to bottle then I can sample the Malbec!
I picked up Chilean juice at Luva Bella's but they did not have all my order so I guess I will need to go back next week.

Licking my wounds after some heavy yard work yesterday. I removed 5 azaleas, 5 gardenias, a ~10ft holly and a bunch of perennials from the front beds.

My youngest turns five tomorrow. We are doing the official celebration next weekend, but he wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese for lunch today, and that is what we shall do.

Latest posts

Back