What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a whole lot of work. Too much for this lazy guy. I just slap the same label on everything and just change the wording and date to suite what's going in the bottle.

I would LOVE to be able to just slap a label on, but I gots too much pride for that! I've been doing newspaper layout since 1996 (yes, in high school), my husband and I own 2 local magazines that I design layouts for, we do promotional materials layout for several restaurants and other businesses and restaurants, plus we have to do promotional layout for our Karaoke/DJ business and designs for photo booth layouts, as we also own a photo booth business.

So for me, I feel like I have to show face and be creative.

Cleaning chicken /turkey/ coops repairing coops to get ready for new laying hens. Moving two week old birds out to the coops. Putting up new fence for the dogs. And maybe finishing up my last bee hive the new bees will be here in two weeks . Always some thing to do here.

Degassed the Sangria Zinfandel Blush kit, and added Pot Met, Pot Sorb., Fpack and Isinglass. Stirred it all up and put it away for a couple weeks. I'll get some bottles ready next week.
Last night on the way home, I stopped and got my WE Island Mist Hard Limeade kit from HDYB in Newark and signed up a for a beginner beer class in a couple weeks. Looking forward to this kit. Expecting it to be a little like Skeeter Pee.

Last edited:
preparing to bottle the Pinot Grigio and doing bench testing of the Diamond. The family likes a sweet Diamond as I like a drier Diamond. With 12 gallons in the winery, we will make a batch of each.

Nursing a hangover, from Jameson pickle backs .
But racked my blue-rasp

Cleaned house for family get together

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Happy anniversary Paul!

We volunteered photo booth services to the library for a local easter event. Had to get up waaaaaay to early, so I'm spent!

Still need to boil and dye 3 dozen eggs for tomorrow. :( Really hoping to be able to start up a batch of skeeter pee and skeeter tea tonight. May have to wait as I'm really fatigued.

Edited because I forgot this: IWe went to this new store today called Bargain hunt they have all manner of things. Happened to find this FINALLY a glass large enough!!! P.S. Excuse the worn out no makeup look. Only got about 4 hours of sleep and had to deal with crowds in the thousands with 3 kids and work... Uuuugh!

WP_000688.jpg

Last edited:
Spent from about 11:45 until about 20 minutes ago building a set of drawers to fit under our bed. I have the frames built, the drawers built and the drawer fronts complete. Tomorrow after church I'll get everything sanded and hopefully into a coat of stain. Goal is to have them in place by next weekend. Tuesday and Wednesday are out due to a funeral. After tomorrow the next day working on them will be Thurday. Time for a glass of Vidal Blanc.

Today I'm putting in alllllll the plants. My kitchen is empty and looks glorious! All the shelving is now open for wine supplies!!!

I need to rack mojito wine to secondary and bottle my WMT contest wine at some point in the next two days as well.
I'm going to be busy.

Latest posts

Back