What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great success, turns out gravity does have enough power to pass though the filter. Only had to go up one story too.

bybyja9a.jpg

Starting work on what I hope turns out to be a 400+ bottle wine rack/closet! :D

Aww, jeez. I decided to put up a layer of sheetrock to prettify the back wall (cover up some old paneling that had peeling paint). I live a 5-minute drive from a Home Despot. Went out after dinner, threw my normal piece of plywood on the roof of my car, went to the Despot, threw two sheets of 'rock on the plywood. As I am strapping things down, I see lightning approaching. Hmm, that doesn't look good. Tie everything down quickly, start the 5-minute drive home, and BAM! Not only heavy rain, but heavy hail, too. :rn I pulled in the drive, and threw a tarp over it, but the rain was pretty much slackening off already at this point. When I came in the house, my wife told me that another band was headed this way soon. Ran out, took off the tarp, and toted the sopping wet sheets inside. I'll find out tomorrow whether they are salvageable or not.

I mean, TEN MINUTES either way, and I would have been fine. Dag-nabbit! :po

Paul I thought things like that only happened to me! lol I always run into trouble with spontaneous projects like that. I hope it's not ruined!

Well hello my wine making peeps! It's been a busy last several months and I haven't had much time for winemaking. I left me family business behind after 35 years and some shaking of the family tree. I started a new job and now I love what i'm doing. I've just been letting my wines bulk age and making sure that are doing well and now that I have a little time I think they may need a little attention. It feels good to be back!

Welcome back Rick.

Yesterday we spent the morning at the zoo with family then we a went and had lunch. After lunch my son and 7 year old daughter went the the cycle shop to pick up a new helmet for her. We came home and went for a short ride. After the ride with her my son, daugher in law and I went for a 60 mile ride. I liking the new scooter. .

Just got done with church. Later after lunch, Andrea and I are are going to Settlers Cabin Park to hang out for a while. It will be her longest ride so far on the new bike. Breaking her in slowly. So far so good. I may have a riding partner out of this.

After my wife got her shower and went downstairs, we discovered we had an indoor waterfall on the first floor directly below the master bath on the second floor. ( I don't remember paying extra for that when we built the house) And of course, this only happens on weekends when plumbing rates are double. So it looks like I may take off tomorrow to babysit the plumbers (and do my taxes AND my TTB and PA LCB paperwork).

Oh, Hokapsig, that is too bad. Sorry that happened to you! (I wanted to "like" your post out of sympathy, but feared that could be misconstrued!) Good luck with the aftermath.

After my wife got her shower and went downstairs, we discovered we had an indoor waterfall on the first floor directly below the master bath on the second floor. ( I don't remember paying extra for that when we built the house) And of course, this only happens on weekends when plumbing rates are double. So it looks like I may take off tomorrow to babysit the plumbers (and do my taxes AND my TTB and PA LCB paperwork).

So this is the reward for now having weekends off? That stinks.

Paul, it aint no big thing :)

I just get a little freaked out by spending money (I'm mostly Scottish which means I'm thrifty, though some people may say cheap). We're getting the front of the house painted, bids to finish the basement, bids to remove the carpet from the stairs and put in hardwoods on the stairs and upstairs hallway, and to re-do the landscaping from the winter damage. She kills me when she starts spending money like a drunken sailor.

Early morning trail run, church, lunch. Then filtered the Barolo (Eclipse) and Valpolicella (juice bucket). Bottled the Barolo.

Bottled the 2013 Chilean Sauvignon blanc, Riesling and the 2013 California Chardonnay. Need the three carboys for the Malbec, zinfindal and Sangiovese. Now I am good until after Easter.

2013 Chilean and California are tasting pretty dam good!

Plumbers coming at 730 am tomorrow morning to fix the broken pipe. I will be trying to finsih my taxes in the mean time. If there is time, I need to backsweeten the Pinot Grigio.

Bottled my Cellar Craft Cabernet Sauvignon and Cheeky Monkey Merlot tonight (the one I 'won' at a social a couple of months ago). So happy to have them in bottles and put away for a little sleep.

Trying to decide on what to enter in the local wine making competition. So I'm bringing up bottles of things one by one and taste testing them :) Decisions, decisions...

Raelene, if I were any closer I would come over and help you. Cuz you know, I'm helpful that way! lol.

Well, today I'm starting an April WOTM.
I also just dragged in all my plants. We have a freeze warning for tonight and I thought I had more time.
Nope...I just ran outside to see all of my babies looking absolutely pathetic. I'm hoping I can save some of them.

Manthing and I will be making tamales tonight. Can't wait to have a freezer full of them.

Outlet malls in the falls today. Not really my cup of tea but it keeps my wife happy so it works out

Bottlng day for my Pinot Noir from CA juice bucket (from Madiera through Pardo in Tampa). Even after six months, it had not cleared to my satisfaction. Looks like it will be my house Pinot. Tonight it's eggplant parmegiana with smoked sausage and maybe a few glasses of Red Mountain Cab.

Tomorrow, I start the WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir. I have high hopes for it.

NS

Back