What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading out to the golf course. Ahhh! Two times in two days. Ain't life grand!

I'm getting rid of "stuff." OMG! A beloved parent just passed leaving the family tons of stuff to go through. Already called my kids. I'm gifting prior to death, and going through all our stuff to just lose what we don't need. Did you know recycled wine bottles can get you enough cash to buy a potato? LOL!

Cleaned out the freezer on the 26th and started a batch of peach/rhubarb/banana. 2 1/2 gallons peach juice, 1 large can of peaches from Sams, 8 bananas, and about 5 pounds rhuebarb.

Gave the bag the last squeeze today. Waiting for it to settle a bit for the first taste. SG about 1.0.

Just got done racking 3 different wines(15 gallons) and starting a new batch of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc..... I love my new hobby. Tried a sip of the Ice wine and it is great already, how long should I let that age?

I'm getting rid of "stuff." OMG! A beloved parent just passed leaving the family tons of stuff to go through. Already called my kids. I'm gifting prior to death, and going through all our stuff to just lose what we don't need. Did you know recycled wine bottles can get you enough cash to buy a potato? LOL!

Isn't that regifting. LOL

Played Hockey for the 4th time this week!!!!! Feeling back to normal again :try

BTW tasting all your wines prior to a game might not be the smartest thing :d

Bottled my Elderberry that was made using Tartaric Acid last night. Shooting for bottling the Elderberry with Acic Blend tonight. Interesting that both were pretty much identical to start but both now have very distinct flavor differences. IMHO, I believe the Tartaric is smoother with a more bold flavor than that with the Acid blend.

Bottled my Elderberry that was made using Tartaric Acid last night. Shooting for bottling the Elderberry with Acic Blend tonight. Interesting that both were pretty much identical to start but both now have very distinct flavor differences. IMHO, I believe the Tartaric is smoother with a more bold flavor than that with the Acid blend.

I am getting ready to make another batch of this and I think I will have to try the tartaric acid instead of acid blend

I am getting ready to make another batch of this and I think I will have to try the tartaric acid instead of acid blend

Based on the responses I got back in August, I decided to try it. I'll have to do some side by side tasting this weekend after the blend is bottled and really compare. This is getting put aside for a few more months before it gets drank hopefully.

Going to start a the first batch of skeeter pee after work today. Hoping to get 2-3 batches ready to go for summer. Most likely will be bottling this in 1.5 liter bottles. It goes to fast for anything less and when you say "we drank 2 bottles" it doesn't sound as bad as saying "we drank 4 bottles" ........ Just sayin.....LOL

Heading to the "mountains" of northwest PA to do a little coyote hunting. Look out "Wile E." :gb :)

Latest posts

Back