What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a low key evening tonight. We decided to make it a Valentines weekend. We went to ABQ on Saturday with some good friends and saw Wicked the musical. What a great show! Afterwards we went to the Standard Diner for dinner. Triple D (Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives) went there last year and featured this place on one of its episodes. Great place and great food as well. Yesterday evening we out to the plaza in Santa fe for a 3 course prix fixe Valentines dinner for two with wine pairings at the Old House Restaurant. I had the Rib Eye and it was probably one of the top 5 best steaks I have ever eaten. Just perfect. Left overs tonight! :db

Bottled my Malvasia Blanc and Chablis yesterday. I now have 4 empty 5 gallon carboys waiting for Chilean juices. I'll bottle my reds next month or early April. I decided to run them through a coarse filter pad on the Buon Vino mini jet last night, just for giggles.

I had dinner with a friend at a local Japanese restaurant. We ordered cold house sake for drinks and i liked how it was served. Mind you, there is a choice between a cold and a hot one, and i wonder how the hot one, tasted like. It was served in a flask with a triangular bottom floating on ice with salt on an exquisite round glass container. Rather than savour the taste of the sake, i feasted on taking pictures at how it was presented. And that took most of what i did for dinner today.

Spending the afternoon with the HVAC guy. Furnace went out overnight. Fortunately, it's not too awfully cold. Unfortunately, the replacement circuit board is going to cost me five bills. Yuk!!!

Getting ready to head home and change the lower oil cooling line on my truck. I guess it decided it was time to rupture on my way into work which was evident by the puddle of oil at the front of my truck. Oh joy...

Getting ready to head home and change the lower oil cooling line on my truck. I guess it decided it was time to rupture on my way into work which was evident by the puddle of oil at the front of my truck. Oh joy...
How old is that truck?

b6bbbd49.jpg

...being supervised while i putter around the wine room today...

How old is that truck?

It's a 1998 with 130k. Lower oil cooler line sprung a leak. By the time I drove the 6 miles home from work I had about 2 qts of oil left.

So here's the deal, I leave work, stop at the parts store to get oil, a filter and some engine degreaser. I knew the part wasn't in and the could get from warehouse. Come home, spray all connectors down with PB Blaster. Drain oil and filter. Pop connector on rear of line with no problems. Go to the radiator connection. None of the wrenches I have are the right size. Needed a 20 mm wrench. Head to Advanced, Pepboys, Harbor Freight no luck on the wrench. Parts store calls, part is in. On the way to get part, we get a fire call, go on fire call. Pick up $24 part, they don't have wrench either. Come home, call local shop, schedule appointment for daughter's car for inspection and ask if I can borrow wrench. Pick up wrench, 30 minutes later return wrench, truck is fixed. Now I get out the broom and the palmolive so I can wash the driveway before swmbo sees the oil all over the driveway.

Anyone who needs to replace this part make sure you have a 20 mm wrench prior to starting. The entire process including the fire call took almost 3 hours for what should have been an hour job at the most. The only good thing about all the running around is that it was done on the bike. First ride of the year. Taking it to work tomorrow for a half day since it's supposed to close to 60 and sunny here.

Now thats a really cool picture. Troy would appreciate that one with all of his cats. I'm sure Wade can relate also.

What can I say? I'm in training to become not only the crazy cat lady in the neighborhood... but the WINO crazy cat lady... with wino cats...

:try

Washing bottles, blasting bottles, drying bottles, getting ready to bottle my MM Renaissance Nero D' Avola this week. 8 months in a carboy is long enough.

It's a 1998 with 130k. Lower oil cooler line sprung a leak. By the time I drove the 6 miles home from work I had about 2 qts of oil left.

So here's the deal, I leave work, stop at the parts store to get oil, a filter and some engine degreaser. I knew the part wasn't in and the could get from warehouse. Come home, spray all connectors down with PB Blaster. Drain oil and filter. Pop connector on rear of line with no problems. Go to the radiator connection. None of the wrenches I have are the right size. Needed a 20 mm wrench. Head to Advanced, Pepboys, Harbor Freight no luck on the wrench. Parts store calls, part is in. On the way to get part, we get a fire call, go on fire call. Pick up $24 part, they don't have wrench either. Come home, call local shop, schedule appointment for daughter's car for inspection and ask if I can borrow wrench. Pick up wrench, 30 minutes later return wrench, truck is fixed. Now I get out the broom and the palmolive so I can wash the driveway before swmbo sees the oil all over the driveway.

Anyone who needs to replace this part make sure you have a 20 mm wrench prior to starting. The entire process including the fire call took almost 3 hours for what should have been an hour job at the most. The only good thing about all the running around is that it was done on the bike. First ride of the year. Taking it to work tomorrow for a half day since it's supposed to close to 60 and sunny here.

Doug, I think you need a nice glass of wine!!!

Crying my eye's out. Last week I sold my shares of Family Dollar to invest in something else. Today it went up $10.17 a share!!!

crying.gif

Remind me not to ask your advice on future investments! LOL
P.S. I heard HD is hiring!

Latest posts

Back