What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing , absolutely nothing and enjoying the beginning of my retirement.🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
Congrats. I will never "retire". I am having too much fun working at a job I enjoy and taking off whenever I want. I haven't punched a clock in 25 years and don't plan on doing it again. I can work from home and do my chosen Honey do's.
Congrats again! based upon what you have done, you deserve it!!!

HAPPY RETIREMENT, JOE! You will ❤️ it. I highly recommend it. I thought my days of youthful folly ended when I became an adult. But little did I know there is this thing called retirement! It has been a year for me now, and I wish I had done it 5 years ago! What a beautiful gift. I hope you enjoy it for years and years to come.
I agree

HAPPY RETIREMENT, JOE! You will ❤️ it. I highly recommend it. I thought my days of youthful folly ended when I became an adult. But little did I know there is this thing called retirement! It has been a year for me now, and I wish I had done it 5 years ago! What a beautiful gift. I hope you enjoy it for years and years to come.
JS your a gem 🍷

Thanks, guys, I've been working full time since I was 14, starting in a slaughterhouse on Front and Washinton Ave in South Philly.

Small world. Which clothing company? My father's brother worked for years at Barry manufacturing as a manager at one of the plants (St Louis area I believe). I worked for L3 for a year in 2029-10 here in San Antonio as a system analyst.

Yes, small world. It wasn't my first job, but my job from about 18-20 years old was at a produce warehouse at, IIRC, Front and Reed. About a 1/4 mile south of Front and Washington.

Congratulations Joe. I was thinking I’m two years out but this home Addition is killing me! Might have to stick it out a few more ☹️. It’s not all bad. I actually like my job… but still, JOB.

Tonight I finished insulting the exterior walls. I have a day of plumbing, insulate the headers, then a thorough cleaning and I’m ready for drywall.

IMG_2997.jpeg

Small world. Which clothing company? My father's brother worked for years at Barry manufacturing as a manager at one of the plants (St Louis area I believe). I worked for L3 for a year in 2029-10 here in San Antonio as a system analyst.
Started out with a company ( Jack Parrish ) men’s and boys university shop. , excellent learning curve. ( long story ).
J Riggings ( men’s clothier ) out of Atlanta, ( 3 piece suit time frame )
Became Dm, 21 stores .
Paul Harris ( women clothes ) store manager to distract management.
RCA to L3 (Camden).
Got in as a labor 35 years later retired as QC TECH.
At the same time Environmental Systems heating and Ac, South Jersey.
Life and times of me .

Last edited:
Nothing , absolutely nothing and enjoying the beginning of my retirement.🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
I wish you all the best, Joe. I will continue to follow your advice. It has made a better winemaker of me. I found that I had been doing it (at one level or another) the same way for 60 years. The changes have been enlightening and have inspired me to break the mold.

I retired in 1999 from my real job and then found employment using skills that I had acquired in my career. I really retired in about 2005 and I keep busy with wine making, landscaping/gardening and amateur carpentry. I also spend a lot of my time trying to run my personal finances more efficiently. What is really great is that every day is a Saturday!

Congrats. I will never "retire". I am having too much fun working at a job I enjoy and taking off whenever I want. I haven't punched a clock in 25 years and don't plan on doing it again. I can work from home and do my chosen Honey do's.
Congrats again! based upon what you have done, you deserve it!!!
Ya , that’s what most of us say at the time

I wish you all the best, Joe. I will continue to follow your advice. It has made a better winemaker of me. I found that I had been doing it (at one level or another) the same way for 60 years. The changes have been enlightening and have inspired me to break the mold.

I retired in 1999 from my real job and then found employment using skills that I had acquired in my career. I really retired in about 2005 and I keep busy with wine making, landscaping/gardening and amateur carpentry. I also spend a lot of my time trying to run my personal finances more efficiently. What is really great is that every day is a Saturday!
Rocky you and I have been around here a long time , I respect your oppions and you .especially .🍷

Waiting for the snow to melt. Currently 3 inches left topped with an inch of solid ice/snow mix from when it got rained on and refroze earlier this week. I cannot break through and it is slick as snot. Can't even cross my drive to get to my car, lol! Really tired of sitting around, watching car shows or doing minor repairs and housework. Hard to believe it will be 65/70 here Thursday. I can't wait!

Latest posts

Back