What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gearing up to take on a new restoration project. Some very dear friends of ours somehow ended up with this little treasure. They've had it for a few years but Joe got very ill a while back and now that he's recovered, for the most part, they want to get out and travel a little bit. The problem is he's not quite up to the project and my wife suggested I volunteer my skills and time. We're heading to California in a couple of weeks to pick it up and bring it back here to get started on it. No clue what direction we're going to take it, stock restoration or maybe modernized throughout but keeping the vintage look. Not sure of the make yet, possibly a sears kit and it looks like registration shows it as a 1936 model. Wish me luck.
Teardrop3:4FrontView.jpgTeardrop3:4RearView.jpgTeardropRearview.jpgTeardropGalley.jpg

I'm gearing up to take on a new restoration project. Some very dear friends of ours somehow ended up with this little treasure. They've had it for a few years but Joe got very ill a while back and now that he's recovered, for the most part, they want to get out and travel a little bit. The problem is he's not quite up to the project and my wife suggested I volunteer my skills and time. We're heading to California in a couple of weeks to pick it up and bring it back here to get started on it. No clue what direction we're going to take it, stock restoration or maybe modernized throughout but keeping the vintage look. Not sure of the make yet, possibly a sears kit and it looks like registration shows it as a 1936 model. Wish me luck.
View attachment 103176View attachment 103177View attachment 103178View attachment 103179
Good Luck!

I scrolled down and thought we were going to be talking about smoking some brisket. It's unique, if nothing else.

View attachment 103176View attachment 103177View attachment 103178View attachment 103179
Judging from all the water damage I’m sure it’s going to be a complete tear down to the skeleton. Typically the skins can be saved.

Yesterday I bottled 3 gallons of RJS Cru Toasted Caramel dessert wine. I fermented a double batch, but I ran out of the 375 ml bottles to bottle the rest. I had them in 3 gallon carboys, so it was easy to bottle just half the batch. This one is another winner! I'm really enjoying the RJS Cru Specialty dessert wines.

Then I started in on the continuing ed credits I need to complete by next Saturday to keep my CyberSecurity Analyst certification. Nothing like waiting until the last minute of a 3 year cycle!

I tested SO2, Acid and PH in my 6 2022 wines then racked all and made acid and k-meta additions. All looking and tasting good but I'm especially excited for how the Pinot Noir Rose is coming along. Still a little hazy after adding Sorbistat and a tablespoon of sugar but I really like the color and taste. Hard to believe that the 6 gal carboy behind the rose is the rest of the grapes along with the pressed skins mixed with a juice bucket of Pinot. It also is tasting really good.
PinotNoirX2.jpg

I tested SO2, Acid and PH in my 6 2022 wines then racked all and made acid and k-meta additions. All looking and tasting good but I'm especially excited for how the Pinot Noir Rose is coming along. Still a little hazy after adding Sorbistat and a tablespoon of sugar but I really like the color and taste. Hard to believe that the 6 gal carboy behind the rose is the rest of the grapes along with the pressed skins mixed with a juice bucket of Pinot. It also is tasting really good.
View attachment 103304
Sounds like a good days work!

😬 those wine bottles perched on that high shelf terrify me! I’ve seen those types of shelf supports fail… and it’s never slowly!

View attachment 103304
Your wine rack that high up make me nervous. Oops. I just read a post above and see someone else mentioned it.

today I finished booking all our campgrounds for our first really big trip in the motorhome. We’re hitting the road Aug. 28 for 21 days, but I just realized that this years grapes arrive in Phoenix sept. 10th. While I’ll be sitting sipping a beer about 100 miles north of Memphis. Back to kits this year I guess. I know of at 3 member’s states we’re stopping in but I’m guessing over 100 miles distant each time.
IMG_0037.png

Keep me posted. Breakfast/Lunch in Santa fe? :db

today I finished booking all our campgrounds for our first really big trip in the motorhome. We’re hitting the road Aug. 28 for 21 days, but I just realized that this years grapes arrive in Phoenix sept. 10th. While I’ll be sitting sipping a beer about 100 miles north of Memphis. Back to kits this year I guess. I know of at 3 member’s states we’re stopping in but I’m guessing over 100 miles distant each time.
View attachment 103328

View attachment 103328
Heh, you'll be passing about a mile and a half from my house when you're in MN! :) (I'm just east of I-35, just before it splits into 35W and 35E.) Wave as you go by!

From the look of your map you are camping in Dane county,,, at the campground in Waunakee? Paul is correct, we can see I90/94 when the leaves are down and get to listen to it all year long. Would be nice to get @wood1954 and @ChuckD too since they are regulars on WMT.

Latest posts

Back