What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have time, no rush to do anything right now. I’m guessing I will try back sweetening or diluting with wine/Everclear from my inventory.
Before your fortify, try the "stir the wine using a lazy susan" to mix the chocolate back into suspension. It may not help, but it won't hurt.

I can't believe I'm doing this again. As we approach completion of our re-landscape or refresh-scape, all of the planting of new cactus and bushes got me revisiting the idea of a mini vineyard. I had planned on planting one when we moved here but shelved the idea until a couple of days ago. New gravel is going in at the lower level/back yard this Saturday and our local growers had a sale on 2 gal. vines. A quick layout says it works so off I went to the nursery to pick up 18 Zinfandels. Probably not worth a new thread but I'll drop a pic or two depending on progress. Planning on a single high wire trellis but will see about that.

Zinfandel.jpgZinVineLayout.jpg

Whats your coldest freeze you've experienced since moving to the new place?

I can't believe I'm doing this again. As we approach completion of our re-landscape or refresh-scape, all of the planting of new cactus and bushes got me revisiting the idea of a mini vineyard. I had planned on planting one when we moved here but shelved the idea until a couple of days ago. New gravel is going in at the lower level/back yard this Saturday and our local growers had a sale on 2 gal. vines. A quick layout says it works so off I went to the nursery to pick up 18 Zinfandels. Probably not worth a new thread but I'll drop a pic or two depending on progress. Planning on a single high wire trellis but will see about that.

View attachment 102286View attachment 102287

Another perfect day at the "office"!

My BFF and I both put it close on the 160yd Par 3 6th this morning. This fun little hole has a nice grouping of 80ft Ponderosa pines right between you and the hole midway making it all that much more fun! We both walked away with pars sadly. LOL

IMG_9986.jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 5.07.07 PM.png

20 tons of Driveway rock and 10 tons of Payson Valley rock delivered today. A couple of guys and a back hoe should make it look like a new yard tomorrow.
The guy who drove the dump truck had some pretty impressive skills to set it all where he did.
View attachment 102412
Must be hell on the lawnmower!

Woke up to a Fathers Day and heard a beeping from the sump pump battery backup. Backup pump came on for the very first time in 15+ years. Main pump failure. Silenced the alarm but it came back on a few hours later. Auugghh!!!

As far as plumbing projects went it was surprisingly fast, took just a few hours with most of that being travel time.

Still, of all the days!

902812D7-3E3E-4E1A-A028-D0F471F5286D.jpeg

Slowly making progress. Summer has officially overthrown Spring's attempt to stick around for longer than usual and it's hot by 9:00am. Plan to dig for, then plant, the last 6 vines tomorrow morning starting around 6am. I've predrilled each T-posts and hopefully I can run wire Friday to start training the cordons.VineyardProgress.jpg

Well, no pictures, but it's fires to floods in Alberta.

My mechanic was with a friend until 1:30 last night trying to save all they could. His basement has a foot and a half of water in it. The neighbors seacan literally picked up and floated across the yard. There are campers floating down the river.

I don't subscribe to any particular faith, but pestilence, war, floods, fires. With the price of food, famine is on the way, does anyone have the schedule? I'd like to be prepared for what comes next.

I don't subscribe to any particular faith, but pestilence, war, floods, fires. With the price of food, famine is on the way, does anyone have the schedule? I'd like to be prepared for what comes next.
Well...
Corn, soy, and wheat harvests in US will be bad this year because of the drought, which means prices go up.

And there's a heat wave in the Atlantic ocean which probably means more hurricanes. Also, warmer water holds less oxygen which could affect marines life.

Then there's the shoot-in-foot category with ideas like reducing livestock numbers to fight global warming.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back