What R you doing today?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Rembee

Country Wine Artisan 🍷
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Here in the Deep South its Spring Time!
I fertilized the blueberries, which are in full bloom, I fertilized the muscadines which are just starting to leaf out, I planted tomatoes and peppers and seeded zucchini and white scallop squash. Tomorrow I will be sowing bush beans, cucumbers and radishes. 😏

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got my lazy butt in gear and almost finished my 19 blending bench trials. Now all I have to do is figure the percentages based on the quantities I have and do the bulk blend and let them sit a few weeks before the final adjustments an bottling.

Italian Trio: 60% Sangiovese, 20% Alicante, 20% Nebbiolo, Alicante might be considered a French grape although the Italian winemakers seen to prefer it.
Cab Sauv: 80% Cab, 5% PV, 7.5%Tannat, 7.5% of a 1 gallon jug I forgot to label and don't know what it is but I think it's a mixture of Tannat, PV and Norton.
PV: 80% PV, 10% Cab Sauv, 10% Tannat this one I think is going to be a winner.
And then there will be the "Kitchen Sink" with all the left overs.

I also have 50 liters of 2020 S African Cab and Shiraz but going to let them sit in the barrels a little longer. Might wait and blend them with the other 2020s.

wpt-me

Reaction score
I am sorry just not very computer savvy. Need to get grandson to show me how to get pictures up again!!
Have watched some utube to learn how to turn. lLessons from turning club is a good option.

Bill

Ajmassa

just a guy
Reaction score
Aw, crikey. What happened, AJ?
water table gradually rising on my property? underground stream? neighbors pool leaking? not exactly sure just yet. but my sump pump basins (have 2 down there) have been filling nonstop lately. the float failed overnight on one of them. whole room was under water.

Latest posts