What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wiped down the outside of my LoneStar Grillz Smoker with food grade mineral oil to season it. The inside has already been seasoned with canola oil and a lot of BBQ's 😁
Getting ready to fire her up and not only season the outside but smoke 2 racks of spare ribs. Can't just fire her up and waste all that good cherry wood smoke now can I? Lol

posted about golfing and margaritas over the weekend. well margaritas never happened. ended up rushing over to say our goodbyes to my grandfather— who lived a very long and very happy life. it wasn’t sudden or unexpected- but still sucked nonetheless.

So my head wasn’t really in the game and i left my damn wallet on my bumper leaving home depot yesterday. And it was not the greatest neighborhood in philly. i didn’t notice till the end of the work day. went crazy retracing my route looking for it. checked all nearby stores, did a lost property police report etc etc. Sucker was gone. by then was 7pm, still over an hour away from home, gas light was on, banks were closed and i had nothing. was a shit day to say the least.

well maybe someone up there was lookin out for me. got a phone call from the person who found my wallet. business card inside had my phone number on it. That extra stress of all the BS involved with a lost wallet and the gajillion things online needing to update- was just immediately lifted with the help of a couple good dudes who happened to be driving behind me at the time.

no real reason for posting this. i guess just to say— i’m thankful good people exist and were lookin out for me out in an unfortunate situation. feeling grateful.

There are still plenty of good people in this world. Glad it worked out. Very sorry to hear about your grandfather.

1618939192206.png

Wiped down the outside of my LoneStar Grillz Smoker with food grade mineral oil to season it. The inside has already been seasoned with canola oil and a lot of BBQ's 😁
Getting ready to fire her up and not only season the outside but smoke 2 racks of spare ribs. Can't just fire her up and waste all that good cherry wood smoke now can I? Lol

posted about golfing and margaritas over the weekend. well margaritas never happened. ended up rushing over to say our goodbyes to my grandfather— who lived a very long and very happy life. it wasn’t sudden or unexpected- but still sucked nonetheless.

So my head wasn’t really in the game and i left my damn wallet on my bumper leaving home depot yesterday. And it was not the greatest neighborhood in philly. i didn’t notice till the end of the work day. went crazy retracing my route looking for it. checked all nearby stores, did a lost property police report etc etc. Sucker was gone. by then was 7pm, still over an hour away from home, gas light was on, banks were closed and i had nothing. was a shit day to say the least.

well maybe someone up there was lookin out for me. got a phone call from the person who found my wallet. business card inside had my phone number on it. That extra stress of all the BS involved with a lost wallet and the gajillion things online needing to update- was just immediately lifted with the help of a couple good dudes who happened to be driving behind me at the time.

no real reason for posting this. i guess just to say— i’m thankful good people exist and were lookin out for me out in an unfortunate situation. feeling grateful.

My condolences, Andrew.

Just back from lottery shopping at Costco-the lottery find was PRIME whole briskets. Naturally one followed me home. Anticipating some slow cooked goodness on Friday!

And found a "92 point" Portuguese Rose for $3.99. It looks pink and its in a glass bottle so for that price, good to go.

Edit: Just to follow up, that Portuguese Rose is surprisingly good. For the price, it's a bargain.

Last edited:
Feeding the rhubarb today . . :e
7EA79F11-62FB-4DC2-8B13-AA7C4FB40AED.jpeg
. .and yesterday saw the brother who inherited the farm and got a truck of rhubarb food .
. . so then the wife saw me drive up and had to ask, , what kind of “S” is that in back of the truck ? , ,,, DUMB QUESTION:? (she has a degree from the horticulture department)

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1618965804184.jpg

Grandma and I got a text from my daughter this morning, can you come over and watch Grandson Parker tonight, while I go get my Covid shot. Took about half a second to say yes, what time. Like good grandparents brought over his first Happy Meal with Chocolate Milk. I think you can tell how much he enjoyed it by that look on his face.

Another wet Sunday morning and yet another double header rained out. 😢 Fortunately, we did get yesterday's game in. With a 6+ hour gift, I decided to chill a bit and bottled the WE Yakima Pinot Gris. Tasting great (especially considering I had a taste not long after I finished my morning coffee:oops: ), and I'm looking forward to enjoying this one as the weather continues to warm.

We had a fun little plan come together yesterday. @my wine from Ohio were vacationing here in Sedona and Tom and his wife Connie took some time out of their busy touring, eating and shopping whirlwind tour to join Lori and I for dinner at our favorite BBQ joint. Afterwards they came by the house for a while and we had a little wine, some fun conversations and of course I dragged Tom down to the winery and sent him home with a bottle of Zin.

They're both really nice people. It felt like we had old friends stop by and I hope to see them again some day. Tom and Connie on the right.

WineVisitors.jpg

So sorry for your loss!

Ajmassa, I'm catching up with posts today. You had a 3-fer of very stressful events in a very short time. Sorry to hear of them. Hopefully your in the healing stage now.

That's a really bad day!

Putting together a rotary composter that UPS dropped off. Grass clippings are starting to arrive (growing).

Any one used a chipper to shred cardboard? Going to try it.

Latest posts

Back