What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love those, but up here we use shrimp and crabs.

We do that too!!! Catch both in Lake Pontchartrain just two miles south of my house, some of the biggest blue crabs and shrimp you can find. We frequently have vendors sitting on side of the road selling them, pull up, buy what you want, on your way.

I'd love to.

I'm going to make it a party. Maybe 3 teams so you and your dad and I have to find one or 2 others who are fans of red wines. Going to start with the Bordeaux but I have a Tempranillo/Touriga combo I just can't seem to find the best one. Every time I do a different ratio I like it.

I'm going to make it a party. Maybe 3 teams so you and your dad and I have to find one or 2 others who are fans of red wines. Going to start with the Bordeaux but I have a Tempranillo/Touriga combo I just can't seem to find the best one. Every time I do a different ratio I like it.

I love it.

Gorgeous day here today. We had a scheduled 2 hour baseball practice that turned into 3 hours. Great weather, an open field and willing kids meant the good times kept going. Honestly, we probably could have gone all day. With a handful of kids away on vacation, the coaches got to play a bit. We combined forces with another team that was practicing on the neighboring field and scrimmaged for the last 90 minutes or so and I got to play in the outfield for both teams - was great fun, except for the few that went over the fence. Managed to get a wicked sunburn on the backs of my legs though.

Getting ready to watch some hockey w/ the family. Let's go, Caps!

Successful sports morning with a win in soccer, preceded by an exciting baseball game. We'd been trailing, but racked up a huge 5th inning to rally for the win. Came home for a quick lunch, and my oldest wanted to hit the cages for some batting practice. After throwing what felt like 150 pitches to him, I got home, cleaned up and racked the Eclipse Riesling and Bourbon Barrel Zin. Both are pretty awesome. The Zin is my first EM, and I'm pretty impressed with the results so far. I've also added quite a bit of tannin to this kit. But at ~3 months, it tastes like it's three years old. Headed out shortly for dinner to celebrate my youngest's birthday.

Successful sports morning with a win in soccer, preceded by an exciting baseball game. We'd been trailing, but racked up a huge 5th inning to rally for the win. Came home for a quick lunch, and my oldest wanted to hit the cages for some batting practice. After throwing what felt like 150 pitches to him, I got home, cleaned up and racked the Eclipse Riesling and Bourbon Barrel Zin. Both are pretty awesome. The Zin is my first EM, and I'm pretty impressed with the results so far. I've also added quite a bit of tannin to this kit. But at ~3 months, it tastes like it's three years old. Headed out shortly for dinner to celebrate my youngest's birthday.

Pretty busy day.

When the Southern Hemisphere grapes were supposed to come in last week my commercial friend offered to help with the crush. I just finished a meeting discussing the new production facility and cidery I'll be building for him and he is really interested in seeing a home winemakers crush operation so he extended his offer to this coming weekend. Really looking forward to it.

Last year we got an above ground pool, and I eye-balled the yard to be level. As it turns out, it was not, one side was about 4 inches higher than the other. So we took the pool down in the fall, and today I tried to amend it.
I build a square frame and made it level. Separated the corners so we can use them for more garden space, and filled it with sand.

Pool it up, but it seems we has a mouse in the garage over the winter, about half a dozen holes. Some as large as 3" around. So I'll spend tomorrow patching.

I feel like a train hit me now, so much digging and shoveling.

20190518_191512.jpg 20190518_161005.jpg

So I wasn't sore enough after yesterday's project apparently. Saw an ad for free patio stones today, so jumped in the van and off I went.
5000+ lbs later I'm dead. Collapsed on couch with a glass of whisky.

Took two loads with the van and trailer fully loaded, and I had to dig them all up, and the persons house was on a hill with steps so no wheelbarrow. Had to carry them in 90lb bucket loads.

But it was free so I can't complain :)

So I wasn't sore enough after yesterday's project apparently. Saw an ad for free patio stones today, so jumped in the van and off I went.
5000+ lbs later I'm dead. Collapsed on couch with a glass of whisky.

Took two loads with the van and trailer fully loaded, and I had to dig them all up, and the persons house was on a hill with steps so no wheelbarrow. Had to carry them in 90lb bucket loads.

But it was free so I can't complain :)

I'm going to sleep for days just from reading that...

Spending a few days in Cocoa Beach. Got to see the SpaceX launch of Falcon9 last night with first 60 Starlink satellites launched. Pretty impressive as this was my first live launch! There is a downside to this vacation though... it included a 3 hour timeshare presentation. We didn’t buy so all is well!

Back