What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just depends on the size of the neck/opening. When I was still messing with shrink caps I always had a supply of black matte large/EXL caps for just that issue. Sometimes you can pull it on with a little help if its just a little bit too tight.

Just bottled my 2018 Sauvignon Blanc and use Burgundy bottles for the first time but the capsules are too tight to put on the bottles. Anyone else experience this before or is this normal.

Just bottled my 2018 Sauvignon Blanc and use Burgundy bottles for the first time but the capsules are too tight to put on the bottles. Anyone else experience this before or is this normal.

If they’re heat shrink capsules, put them in the freezer to expand them and slide em right on.........

Just started going to the golf range a couple of weeks ago after about a 15 year layoff from playing. I have two courses within 5 minutes and plan to start playing regularly again but first I did my first DIY re-gripping on my set, relatively easy and inexpensive and they felt really comfortable on the range today. I'm guessing another 4 or 5 practices and I'll be ready to take on an actual round.
grips.jpg

Excellent! I re-gripped my clubs many times when I was playing. Also built a couple sets (Ping clones) including several sets of metal woods. Easy peasy to do like making wine all you need are a few simple tools and a you tube video or two!

I did my first DIY re-gripping on my set, relatively easy and inexpensive and they felt really comfortable on the range today. I'm guessing another 4 or 5 practices and I'll be ready to take on an actual round.

Just started going to the golf range a couple of weeks ago after about a 15 year layoff from playing. I have two courses within 5 minutes and plan to start playing regularly again but first I did my first DIY re-gripping on my set, relatively easy and inexpensive and they felt really comfortable on the range today. I'm guessing another 4 or 5 practices and I'll be ready to take on an actual round.
View attachment 54008

The last 4 years we had half season baseball plans and our boat that didn't allow me to play much. With the boat and tickets gone I plan on playing regularly again.

Going to finish up the conversion of the carboy slots into wine racks that hold burgundy shaped bottles, and load and tag a bunch of Turley into those slots. Working on building some additional racks in some areas where I have a little dead space. Probably a today and tomorrow project.......

Going to finish up the conversion of the carboy slots into wine racks that hold burgundy shaped bottles, and load and tag a bunch of Turley into those slots. Working on building some additional racks in some areas where I have a little dead space. Probably a today and tomorrow project.......
What are you doing differently for the Burgundy bottles?

What are you doing differently for the Burgundy bottles?

When I designed the wine room, 20% was designed with wider vertical spacing to accommodate larger bx bottles as well as burgs. I didn’t anticipate having a lot of burgs, but that changed as my appreciation for Turley and for Petite Sirah developed. Didn’t have nearly enough “big bottle” slots.

Jump forward a few years as the cellar filled and my winemaking slowed, no need for 14 carboy bays, so I started the planned conversion, though it wasn’t originally intended to be for burgs. As a part of the conversion from carboy storage (see photo 1, lower right 4 bays), I’ve been building three bottle shelves (see photo 2) that fit snugly into the carboy bays, and tack them in with a finish nailer. They hold the burgundy bottles very well.
E3F96CE2-2F16-415B-A977-F31061E84CAF.jpeg 6088B34F-7C0D-4469-B19F-16A567C63ED7.jpeg

Last edited:
When I designed the wine room, 20% was designed with wider vertical spacing to accommodate larger bx bottles as well as burgs. I didn’t anticipate having a lot of burgs, but that changed as my appreciation for Turley and for Petite Sarah developed. Didn’t have nearly enough “big bottle” slots.

Jump forward a few years as the cellar filled and my winemaking slowed, no need for 14 carboy bays, so I started the planned conversion, though it wasn’t originally intended to be for burgs. As a part of the conversion from carboy storage (see photo 1, lower right 4 bays), I’ve been building three bottle shelves (see photo 2) that fit snugly into the carboy bays, and tack them in with a finish nailer. The hold the burgundy bottles very well.
View attachment 54071 View attachment 54072

You're way too organized for me LOL!. I built diamonds and originally was going to make them 12" x 12" to nicely fit 16 Bordeaux bottles but decided instead to go with 13.5" x 13.5" for no particular reason at the time. Thankfully I did because I'm now using Burgundy bottles as well and the larger size fits 16 bottles with little waisted space.

Back