What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Johnd Way too hot to be drinking those heavy reds! Where is the Rose'! Where is Txakolina! Where is the Beer!

View attachment 54759

Not a fan of rose’, at all. During the day on the beach, had a couple beers, couple Crown and diet sprites, but the whole time was looking forward to a glass of wine or two with dinner. First night tradition is dinner out at a nice steak joint, which we did, enjoying some 2014 Caymus Special Selection along the way.

Tonight, it’s hotdogs, chili and cheese in the condo, don’t care what the rest of ‘em drink, a big, bold, silky red will be in my glass!!

Oh the humanity! LOL

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

Tonight, it’s hotdogs, chili and cheese in the condo, don’t care what the rest of ‘em drink, a big, bold, silky red will be in my glass!!

A little yard work this morning and got the gas grill cleaned up and running again (igniter hadn't been working for quite some time). I was so excited about that, that I made burgers for lunch. Tonight is something, though Mrs BB hasn't told me what that is yet. Hitting a winery tomorrow, where a friend's jazz band is playing. Pool or minor league baseball on Monday.

A little yard work this morning and got the gas grill cleaned up and running again (igniter hadn't been working for quite some time). I was so excited about that, that I made burgers for lunch. Tonight is something, though Mrs BB hasn't told me what that is yet. Hitting a winery tomorrow, where a friend's jazz band is playing. Pool or minor league baseball on Monday.

What winery, I'm planning on playing golf today but plans could change.

So, the wife surprised me with a visit to iFly (indoor skydiving) last night. I did some skydiving for a few years back in my younger days and it was almost like riding a bike. A little wobbly, but I was able to get in and fly solo, performing a couple turns and some forward and backward flying. So much fun and I'm already dying to go back. Mrs BB took a couple flights too and did really well. Good times.

One of our good friends plays in a jazz quartet that hits a lot of local wineries. Today, they played one, and my extended family joined me and the wife and kids there for my b-day. Great time, good wines.

View attachment 54791

Sounds like you had a fun couple of days, Happy Birthday.

Bottled the Eclipse Riesling, then racked the Rose and the 2018 H3 Merlot. @mainshipfred saved my butt this morning. After filling all 30 Hock bottles with the Riesling, I realized they were too tall to fit into my Portugese floor corker. A quick call to Fred and we determined his was built just a little different than mine and allowed just enough clearance for the bottles. I ran over and chatted with him briefly, then got the bottles all safely corked. Bonus: I got a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc in the process. Thanks Fred!

Back