What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a half day vacation scheduled for today so I'll be headinng to the cellar to label 16 gallons of wine and hopefully bottle the Concord and Concord Niagra. I also want to runn another MLF test and if this shows nno progress I'll rack these off on Sunday, Kmeta and then give up the ghost on them.

We were originally supposed to go away this weekend and rent a house in NorthEast Pa for our anniversary, but those plans fell through when we found out our Karate Belt testinng is scheduled for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Once I finish up my 8 hours at my desk, I am picking up my kids.
Heading home for left overs.
Dry hopping my IPA, checking the FG
toss some beers in a beer fridge
Toss some white wine in the beer fridge.
Water my Grape & hop plants & garlic ( we have not had rain in 2-3 weeks).

kick back with either a cold beer, or thinking of digging a bottle of wine out!

No rain down our way for a while either. Had to water the garden so I could get the tiller to go down deep enough. I've been working that garden for about 10 years, so it's really, really dry right now.

Bought some Blue (Labatt's) so I don't get too tired before I rack this Merlot due to intoxication, want to make a Diablo Rojo kit and possibly bottle a Viognier kit.

I'll be lucky if I get the Merlot under airlock, I'm tired even thinking about all of that, long week. I think I should get a glass of this Sangiovese sitting at my feet and learn some more from this forum and all you smart winemakers.

Not doing any some stuff. Driving with the wife and bonus daughter from St. Louis, MO to Philadelphia, PA. To meet newest grandson who should be here this time tomorrow.

Congratulations! !! Nothing like a new grandbaby to brighten your life!

I'm sitting impatiently for my daughter, husband and babygirl to get here.

Not doing any some stuff. Driving with the wife and bonus daughter from St. Louis, MO to Philadelphia, PA. To meet newest grandson who should be here this time tomorrow.

If you are driving straight through I'll leave the light on in case you need to stop for a potty break. Congratulations on your new grandson. I hope I live long enough to enjoy one too!

YAY Verns!!!!! Good for you!!!!

We just got a phone call that my wife's cousin was murdered by his son. Drugs are a bad thing. Joe was a good man and I feel bad for his parents (my wife's aunt and uncle). I know, it's like Total Drama Island with us. I'm sick of it too....

Prepped to sterile filter the 60 gallons of Niagara before Doug gets here for bottling. The 2013 Merlot and 2012 Cab Franc (with chocolate) will be bottled this weekend. I want to start a geos cellars Chocolate Elderberry, a Chasemandingo Tropical Rain and 2 OB kits.....

Racked and sterile filtered 60 gallons of Niagara. Looking forward to ffemt's visit tomorrow to bottle and do some bench testing on the Niagara, Vanilla Cab and Cranberry Pomegranate. Then back to his house for some dead cow....

Recovering. :D

Friday night and Saturday were busy with baseball games, moving prep, and time with wife's family. Yesterday was "small moving day". I rented a U-Haul and had a couple friends and neighbors helping us load boxes and other stuff. Well, we kicked butt and got twice as much moved as I'd hoped we would. Was hoping to cook everyone a nice lunch, but due to busy schedules, folks didn't have time for much more than a cold beer after the work was done. Since we had the truck, I went to pick up some furniture and a rug we'd ordered and save on the delivery expense. Got that in the house, then ran to the 'old house' to clean up and go out to dinner with wife's family. Now resting up for Thursday, when the movers come for the big stuff.

It.Snowed.Last.Night.

Ugh.

Lol. some parts of Edmonton and Calgary have been recently hit too. Hopefully none of that kind surprise for us.28 C here yesterday.Not much rain here the last few months though so tinder dry.

I had heard Alberta got hit a couple of times.

Also, it's not like this hasn't happened before on May Long. A few years back we went camping on May Long (which is a 'dry' weekend in Provincial campgrounds in MB) and we had our secret beer stashed in the snowbank behind the tent. Craziness!

Latest posts

Back