What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am now going for my second glass of strawberry sparkling I made. And I thought the gooseberry sparkling I made was good this is excellent! I was just going to remove the yeast deposits and put them up to age. It looks like I'll be making more anyway for my daughters bridal shower hopefully I'll be posting pics of my new grandbaby next May! She said their getting started right away :db

Wife is off to OH for a birthday party, so I get to do taxes, finish some wines and do some banking in preparation of getting the TTB license. Then off to DC tomorrow and an audit in Maine next week....

Pregnant raccoon moved in under my front steps she's my front steps are poured concrete with a little hole in it however were unable to walk in and out of my door because of the new resident. So I will be spending all day blaring music flooding it with light and deriving that little monster out!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

She came out around noon and was wobbly and disoriented. We wanted to make sure she was not rabbis or pregnant. Called sherifs office and peat control and an exterminator. The 4 of us spent an hour trying to get it out. In the end I shoved my dry vac blower tube and there and she came out. She turned out to be a he and not pregnant.
ImageUploadedByWine Making1394306959.505422.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

So I went ahead an bit the bullet and got the Wine Expert selection Amarone kit. ImageUploadedByWine Making1394314759.233293.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1394314769.866405.jpg
I started it today. I was hoping to get the Wine Expert World Vineyard Merlot started also. ImageUploadedByWine Making1394314921.936154.jpg
But after the Amarone I will wait tomorrow. All I can say is WOW those boxes are heavy.

That Amerone looks good! I'm trying to figure out what type of high end kit or red juice bucket I should do next... LOL I love so many different types of wine, I just don't know where to start! I mean there almost seems to be no end to all the types I like. My goal was to start earlier drinkers first and then work on wines that need more time to age. I normally have made my own wines from my grapes and from my elderberries. This is new for me to start doing buckets - or kits. I have 1 Gamay wine aging now... wondering what the heck to start next!

Thanks Julie! That one was already on my list! Sometimes I can be so indecisive! Ya that might be the next one I could try... I have so many on the to do list! I have access to CRU Select chilean Malbec... also Cellar Classic Winery series chilean Malbec with Malbec skins, En Primeur chilean Malbec, Kenridge Showcase chilean Cabernet/Malbec/Carmenere, Vintage Reserve Int'l Malbec and Malbec/Merlot blend juice buckets (which I can buy grape packs for). I wouldn't know which one to choose? Any advice based on experience with these kits, or juice buckets?

racked the Isabella and the Stueben to glass. Blended a Cayuga, Fredonia and some Concord to make a dark, sweet blush, though it is a little tart. The Cran Pom was moved upstairs due to the lack of activity, so maybe some warmth will get the yeasties going. Need to get the 2 Brianna's and a Stueben going before going away this week.

You can let raccoons go? Never crossed my mind.

I use live traps because every now and then i catch somebody's cat. The live trap gives me a buffer and the cats are mad but alive unlike the raccoon counterparts.

I went CRAZY last night! Good crazy, not bad crazy. Prepped and cut 16 pounds of strawberries for Strawberry DB and got that batch started. Bottled 5 gallons of Old Orchard Blueberry Pomegranate and 5 gallons of my own non-competitive Welch's experiment. Then I back sweetened 2x 5 gallons of Quad-Berry DB.

Today is a lazy day, maybe, if I don't convince myself I have things to do. At this point I only NEED to yeast-up the new batch.

What am i doing today..... Long day at work and now I'm enjoying a glass of BlackBerry wine (not homemade, I'm still waiting on the mead) and the watching big bang theory.

not only did I lose an hour of sleep, but I drove to DC from Pittsburgh this morning, will work an 11 hour day, then drive home by 1:30am only to have to get up at 0415 to catch a flight to Maine. I believe the term is "bleery eyed"....

Waiting on my wife after her surgery...yep...man servant for the next week or so while she heals..lol!

Latest posts

Back