What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my dad was an electrician, grew up with a coal furnace before installing a heat proficient furnace replaced the furnace maybe twice fairly new furnace now. The only pipes that freeze during these cold days we had are the ones in the laundry room but a lil drip during the night takes care of that and if that doesn't do the trick an old hair dryer running a few mins does it! We also have the best tasting well water anyone has ever tasted! We recently had all the windows replaced except in the room I am redoing that will be done this or next weekend by a professional

Not sure if I understand you.

Oh, sorry. It was what *I* thought would have been a clever response, given your position on old houses. However, I could not make the response myself, since I have a different position. Thus, I was putting words in your mouth so that I could make my little joke. I figured you would either like it, or be ticked at my suggesting how you "should have" responded. Hopefully not so ticked.

Our house was built in 1903. When I was replacing the porch I found a 1903 penny under a rafter sitting on the main support beam. House across the street was built in 1898 and the one on the corner from me was 1856. Crafton is an older community..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Wine Making mobile app

Our house was built in 1903. When I was replacing the porch I found a 1903 penny under a rafter sitting on the main support beam. House across the street was built in 1898 and the one on the corner from me was 1856. Crafton is an older community..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Wine Making mobile app

Doug, my grandfather built homes for a living and I remember he once told me that people would put a new coin in one of the corners of the house for good luck. My mom and dad put a 50 cent piece in the cement block on the back corner of our home.

The oldest house in our family on this side of the pond was built in 1867. Built like a brick poophouse and I'm willing to bet it survives the end of days.

In other news the turbo yeast has taking right off. After being stuck for 1/2 a month the hydrometer has started to move again

Doug, my grandfather built homes for a living and I remember he once told me that people would put a new coin in one of the corners of the house for good luck. My mom and dad put a 50 cent piece in the cement block on the back corner of our home.

Julie my lil sis and her husband redid our front porch years ago. I had asked her if they found a penny lol just out of curiosity. And she doesn't remember I would think if she had she would remember. But that is very interesting to know thanks for that fact

Ya I happen to be that sibling that knows how to do the taxes! Luckily my sister goes to my Dads and begs his wife to do it! It's just time consuming - doing business taxes... I'll be doing my daughters' simple returns as well and that's enough for me lol! I've got tax pain :)

Carolyn

My daughter and her husband are CPA's. They do my taxes for "free" Well when they come to the house foe my wife and I to sign the income tax returns we have dinner, give them food to take home and my daughter raids my wine cellar. Lol, Bakervinyard

Sounds like a good trade off! Lol I'm done my taxes woohoo! Spent all day at it. Load off my shoulders :)

Carolyn

My daughter and her husband are CPA's. They do my taxes for "free" Well when they come to the house foe my wife and I to sign the income tax returns we have dinner, give them food to take home and my daughter raids my wine cellar. Lol, Bakervinyard

roflmao, well I'm glad to hear that the one doing the taxes is getting some food and wine, :i

The oldest house in our family on this side of the pond was built in 1867. Built like a brick poophouse and I'm willing to bet it survives the end of days.

We're not a part of the historical society that have the underground railroad or anything but they are only a couple miles away

ImageUploadedByWine Making1394203417.961887.jpg so I decided I have no will power on the aging thing so I packed them up. Figure since we aren't drinking now it would be a good time. A couple are 9 month boxes and the rest are for the year mark. All are whites.

View attachment 14264 so I decided I have no will power on the aging thing so I packed them up. Figure since we aren't drinking now it would be a good time. A couple are 9 month boxes and the rest are for the year mark. All are whites.

Shelly being whites I would be testing them. Some are at their peak shortly after bottling and others within a few months. After 2-3 years a majority of whites will begin to decline especially if the S02 isn't high enough in the bottles.

Started our bathroom 'reno' this morning. First job: pry all the tiles off the walls. They are in the tub/shower, and 4' up the wall on every other wall.

Surprisingly, it only took me 45 min to do the whole room!

Thinking about knocking out the closet...I'm thinking I'll have to cut the drywall out, and put new stuff in. The darn adhesive will not come off!!!

WP_001222.jpg

WP_001223.jpg

WP_001224.jpg

Day one of our annual NM Vine and Wine Society Conference. Pretty good agenda this year. Tomorrow looks even better. :p

Firt I did my weekly grocery run. Spent $141.17 saved $149.72! Bingo now THAT'S what I call shopping!

Made 4 "Presser Bags" to start DB batches.

In my grocery endeavors, I scored 16 pounds of strawberries for $1/LB so I guess tonight I'm gonna be destemming, cutting and starting up a Strawberry Dragon Blood! Perhaps if I'm lucky, the kids might help me. :)

So what's the best way to store yeast long term? The pack of turbo yeast looked like the size of a normal yeast pack online. when it got here it was so much bigger. And of course, I ordered 2 packs lol. I only needed 2 teaspoons to get things going. Odds are the 2 packs could last me a lifetime if they didn't expire

Right now the open pack is vacuumed packed and in the basement. can you stick them in a fridge or freezer to make the yeast stay viable longer?

So what's the best way to store yeast long term? The pack of turbo yeast looked like the size of a normal yeast pack online. when it got here it was so much bigger. And of course, I ordered 2 packs lol. I only needed 2 teaspoons to get things going. Odds are the 2 packs could last me a lifetime if they didn't expire

Right now the open pack is vacuumed packed and in the basement. can you stick them in a fridge or freezer to make the yeast stay viable longer?

Yes, fridge or freezer would work. If you think this will last longer than six months, I would freeze it

I had the great pleasure (and maybe that isn't the right word) of waiting at the hospital to meet my new grandson. Grant Michael Herbert (my daughter is the mom) made his appearance. Mom and baby are both doing great. The child holding the baby is my other daughter.

Congrats, is this your first?

Latest posts

Back